The Journal By Ryan Shamblee

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennifersmith326
Favorite Author: Nick Antinozzi
Favorite Book: Desperate Times Trilogy
Currently Reading: Wake by Amanda Hocking
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifersmith326.html
Latest Review: "The Journal" by Ryan Shamblee

The Journal By Ryan Shamblee

Post by jennifersmith326 »

[The following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Journal" by Ryan Shamblee.]
Book Cover for 9781477531990
Share This Review

This short story (only 96 pages) is about the disappearance of a young woman named Sarah Withers. Sarah went missing on July 8th, 2010. There were no clues in relation to her disappearance and there were no witnesses. Her body was found in December of 2010 behind an abandoned home. The only suspect was Adam McAllister and he was still at large. This Story is written in journal form from Adam’s point of view. Adam grew up in a broken home, with a mother that was in and out of his life and a father that abused him. He was encouraged to write in a journal after leaving Pleasant Hills, a psychiatric facility. After the death of his Grandmother he is given her house. He went to live in that house after he left Pleasant hills.

In this journal Adam tells of how he met Sarah, whom he also calls Annabelle since in the beginning he only knew her as the girl that came in the coffee shop he worked at. Adam also talks about other people he encounters during his daily routines. Lucky moves in next door and becomes his friend and helps him through many of his rough times.

When I finished reading this book, all I could think was WOW. The story was a little slow going for the first half, but as soon as the story line picked up, I could put the book down until I was finished. I am blown away. This story really has me thinking. You never know who you will encounter or what they are thinking. This journal gives you an insight on how people think and perceive things. What is going on in another person’s mind and what are they thinking in response to certain situations. I want to read more.

I gave this book 3 our of 4 stars because it was slow to catch my attention. I almost considered not finishing it, but I am so glad I did. Page 40 really caught my attention. I could see the story headed for the climax. I think anyone interested in fictional crime would thoroughly enjoy this book.

View "The Journal" on Amazon
View "The Journal" on Barnes and Noble

You can use this topic to discuss "The Journal" and to comment on the above review by Jennifer.
Latest Review: "The Journal" by Ryan Shamblee
rysham
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rysham »

Thank you very much, Jennifer! I'm glad you liked it! It is a little slow to start, so I appreciate you hanging in there.
LitAmri
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litamri.html

Post by LitAmri »

Some books takes time to grab the readers attention, luckily I'm quite patient in this matter. As long as the plot is good :) I love this review. Honest and detailed.
rysham

Post by rysham »

Well I hope that means you're going to give it try! Let me know what you think if you do.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”