Finalize review request problem

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

mitchwaldman
Currently Reading: Camden Blues
Bookshelf Size: 3

Finalize review request problem

Post by mitchwaldman »

Hi. I previously submitted a book review request and received an email requesting me to go to a link to finalize the request. But, when I do so I get a blank form and have to fill in the info again. Then when I hit submit I get a message which says "You have already submitted a book review request", and am tol to hit the link "Finalize review" which takes me back to the same form which is blank, so...in short....it won't let me submit or finalize anything. Can you help?
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Are you sure the email address associated with your account on the forums is the same as the one you used to submit the original request and are using to submit new requests?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
mitchwaldman

Post by mitchwaldman »

Yes.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There is no pending review request in the database for the email address associated with the account mitchwaldman. Perhaps this was caused by an error yesterday when I first uploaded the new system. When is the last time you encountered this error? Are you still getting the same error when you try to submit your review request?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

mitchwaldman

Post by mitchwaldman »

If I submit another review request will that put my book at the back of the line of submissions?
Last edited by Scott on 23 Jul 2012, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove mention of own book
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There is no line of submissions. Each reviewer chooses the book from available requests that they want to review based on their own personal preferences using the description, genre, author bio and whether or not an incentive package has been purchased.

I think if you submit a new request the error you experienced before will be resolved.

mitchwaldman

Post by mitchwaldman »

Scott--

Well, I resubmitted a review request, but received an email reply saying that the review request will not be processed until (1) I respond to an email to verify my email address and (2) that I set up an account with that email address as there is no account associated with this email address, which is odd since I signed onto my account with just this email address to post you this message!

So, what do I do now?
mitchwaldman

Post by mitchwaldman »

Well, now it looks like I had two emails registered differently -- one for the topic forum and one for the review request!

-- 23 Jul 2012, 10:55 --

Okay, seem to be okay now after using the other email address. The book review request has been submitted and accepted. Thanks.
tonywlls999
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tonywlls999 »

Can you advise when my review will be posted please? It was completed Sat Sep 1st, and according to my status update it would be made public in 48 hours.
ceshiwuhao
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ceshiwuhao »

Can you advise when my review will be posted please?
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Are all these accounts posting in this topic registered to the same person? Or are you all asking about different books?

mitchwaldman

Post by mitchwaldman »

Scott,

I only asked about my book in this post. The other two individuals must be asking, separately. about their books.

Mitchell Waldman

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”