Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » "Save the Last Bullet for God" by JT Alblood

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Plot lines

Discuss the May 2016 Book of the Month, Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Amazon

Re: Plot lines

Post Number:#16 by gaporter
» 06 Jun 2016, 11:15

Amheiser wrote:I liked the beginning of the story, but then had a very hard time reading Oktay's version of his life because it just didn't seem to fit in the story at that time. Then, when I got to Elif's version of Oktay's problems I really got involved in the story and it explained why things didn't seem to make sense in the prior section. The next section was the long, drawn out section on wars which I think could have been shortened to get the point across, and there was a lot of blood and guts which I didn't necessarily care for, but the people who like to read about that stuff maybe would like. I did like that it pointed out how the genetic history of the world was changed by those wars because that just hadn't ever occurred to me before, but it makes a lot of sense. I liked the ending of the story also.

I agree with a lot of this, too. The long sections about war were important to get the point about the genetics, but reading through it all got old and kind of repetitive.
gaporter's Latest Review: "Beyond the Tiger Mom" by Maya
gaporter

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 24%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by anneloretrujillo
» 09 Jun 2016, 19:02

I liked the section with Oktay, especially Elif's prospective. I did think that the sections were pretty disjointed. I saw how they were connected eventually, but I thought I still think it was a bit hard to follow.
anneloretrujillo

Currently Reading: Never Cry Again
Bookshelf Size: 52 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 14%

Post Number:#18 by qsbookrec
» 20 Jun 2016, 18:35

Reading your comments on this book was of interest . Thank you for the input. The title was what drew my attention. Did you think the title worked for this book?
qsbookrec

Currently Reading: The Third Target
Bookshelf Size: 3 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#19 by jeffallen
» 29 Jun 2016, 23:28

Oktays.
jeffallen

Favorite Book: VALIS
Currently Reading: Dandalion Wine
Bookshelf Size: 13 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#20 by Mares Nest
» 04 Jul 2016, 11:44

I loved doctor Otkay and Elif. I'm a huge fan of psychological tinged in books, and hence Elif is a favourite. I also liked Black Death. They did seem a bit disconnected, but the in depth accounts of each were really enjoyable.
Mares Nest

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell
Bookshelf Size: 22 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#21 by CrescentMoon
» 30 Jul 2016, 18:26

Yeah I have nothing new to contribute here but I definitely love Oktay's story the most. I definitely did not see that twist coming and I love books with great out of left field twists. They're my favorite.
CrescentMoon's Latest Review: "Sins Unforgiven" by J.G. Umbac
CrescentMoon

Currently Reading: Qualify
Bookshelf Size: 51 books

View Reviewer Page

Previous