To nominate a book, you must:
- have a post count of at least 10
- have been a member of the forums for at least 1 week
To be nominated, a book must:
- be available in paperback or hardcover; i.e. no ebook only books.
- be originally published within the last 10 years
- have an Amazon sales rank better than 200,000
- NOT be part of a series
- NOT have been made into a movie
Nominations that do not follow these criteria will lead to a board warning being issued.
When making a nomination, please write the full title and include the author's name, preferably both in bold print. 1 nomination per person per month.
How it works
Assuming we have at least 3 new nominations on the 1st of any given month, those nominations will be put together into a month-long poll will begin to determine what will be the book of the month two months later. This means that when the poll ends, everyone will have about a month to get the book and read it before the discussions start the following month. So--for instance--on August 1st a poll will be started with the current nominations to vote on the October book of the month, which would give everyone the month of September as a buffer to get and read the book.
Please do not use this thread to discuss the books or otherwise chat. Please only use this thread to make nominations. It makes it hard for me to sort through conversation to find the nominations.