Featured Review

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

Doctor Zhivago - Entire Book

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. Each book of the month get's it's own whole subforum in this forum. Click here to nominate books for book of the month.

Re: Doctor Zhivago - Entire Book

Post Number:#16  Postby naragus » 01 Oct 2011, 14:10

fran:
I agree that zhivago´s flaws and failings makes him one of us. On the other hand, he overcomes his family dissapearence, becomes a doctor and a poet, you can see his poems in the book. The book was written on the fifhties in Russia and smugled to west after bein censored in Russia. Pasternak himself was also a poet and I suppose the book has something autobiographical. I agree he was not beautiful himself but he was the symbol of individuality, may be that makes him beautiful for me. Thank you for your reply.
naragus

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17  Postby allay » 27 Mar 2012, 04:57

I am already read this book but its a very interesting.
allay

Post Number:#18  Postby jayceeme2010 » 16 May 2012, 15:04

Although I think this book had a lot of potential, I think it fell short and proved to be a difficult read and not quite on target.
jayceeme2010

Post Number:#19  Postby Sveta » 26 Jun 2014, 21:51

I tried to read it, but I couldn't stand the way the author talked about Jews in the book, and I couldn't stand the author's decisions, thus I decided to quit reading it.
Sveta

View Reviewer Page

Previous