November Book of the Month

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Final Discussion

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. Each book of the month get's it's own whole subforum in this forum. Click here to nominate books for book of the month.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Final Discussion

Post Number:#1  Postby Scott » 26 Nov 2007, 03:25

This is the final discussion thread for Five People You Meet In Heaven. If you have not read the whole book, please do not read this thread as it will contain spoilers.

What do you think of the book? I love it, and I have recommended it to a bunch of people.

What do you think of the ending? I love that the little foreign girl turns out to have brought him up to heaven.

Which of the five people that Eddie met is your favorite? I'll think it over tonight and tell you all in the morning which meeting is my favorite.

Thanks,
Scott
Last edited by Scott on 16 Dec 2007, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Online Book Club ~ Tell your friends!

"Only the descent into the hell of self-knowledge can pave the way to godliness." -Immanuel Kant
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#2  Postby mwo » 29 Nov 2007, 01:30

Although I found the writing to be rather corny and trite - particularly the author's frequent use of simplistic metaphors - I found myself engrossed in the story. It all fit together so well, and never once did it seem contrived. All in all, it was a very quick, light read and, albeit not a personal favourite of mine, I give it a solid recommendation.
mwo

Post Number:#3  Postby mwo » 29 Nov 2007, 01:31

And in response to one of your questions, I also really enjoyed the ending, which completely caught me off guard.
mwo

Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Final Discussion

Post Number:#4  Postby Stacie_C » 31 Mar 2014, 16:50

I found this to be an amazing book! It is still one I recommend to friends. We can never imagine the way our day to day interactions affect the people around us and this because is all about reflecting on the past and understanding. It definitely made me a Mitch Albom fan. I've read many books by him since first reading this one!
All I need is a new book and a place to read it...
Stacie_C

Favorite Author: Stephen King

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#5  Postby randomcheerio » 09 May 2014, 12:59

I loved this book for its simplicity and its message of how we all have a purpose even if we don't know what it is.
randomcheerio

Post Number:#6  Postby Colette Marie » 10 May 2014, 05:57

I loved this book because of its simplicity and the way the author has thought up of such a unique version of heaven. I also did like the ending of the book a lot because it was really touching and out of the five people that Eddie met I find that the one that I liked most was Marguerite :)
Colette Marie