November book is The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

November book is The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Post by Scott »

The November book of the month is going to by The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

I'm going to hold the discussions for it on the first three Sundays in November.

On November 11th I'll start the discussion for the first sixth of the book. (My book does not have chapter numbers, and has 196 pages. The first sixth would be the first 31 pages.)

On November 18th I'll start the discussion for the first half of the book (the first 101 pages in my book)

On November 25th I'll start the discussion for the whole book.

If you read the book before I post the discussion threads, here is a tip: Take a break at the points I have posted above, and get on computer and type your thoughts up. Then, save them and post them when I start the discussion. That will help because your views of the book may change once your read more of it and you will lose the chance to post your thoughts about just the first sixth/half of the book.

If you don't already have the book, you can get it from a local library, a local bookstore, or you can order it from Amazon.

Thanks,
Scott
Last edited by Scott on 11 Nov 2007, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
DesignOx
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DesignOx »

HI I'm new. Does the discussion happen at a certain time (real time) or just through the discussion board? I am on the East Coast for time purposes :)

Thanks
awelker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by awelker »

there is just aboard that you discuss it on. some people read faster than others so it gives people all the same opportunities to discuss it.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker

Return to “Book of the month”