The Glass Castle ~ First Half

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

The Glass Castle ~ First Half

Post by Scott »

This is the discussion thread for the first half of The Glass Castle. If you have not read the first half of the book yet, do not read further as the thread may contain spoilers. If you have read past the first half of the book, please participate but do not discuss anything past the first half. I will start the discussion for the whole book next Wednesday.

What do you think of the book so far? Do you like it? Has it caught your interest?

Are there any quotes or excerpts you would like to post? If so, please do.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
CollegeReader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CollegeReader »

I am really interested in discussing the dynamics between the author and her dad, but I think I will wait until next week's full book discussion. I'm looking forward to it!
"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled 'This could change your life'" ~ Helen Exley

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures"

Return to “Book of the month”