Featured Review

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

Nominations for November book of the month

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. Each book of the month get's it's own whole subforum in this forum. Click here to nominate books for book of the month.

Post Number:#31  Postby libarchiver » 16 Oct 2009, 09:33

Aftermath by Levar Burton

I picked this up at the library recently, and it's the next in my stack. Just a thought. :D
libarchiver

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Nominations for November book of the month

Post Number:#32  Postby Fran » 16 Oct 2009, 14:23

I'd like to nominate The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
Fran

Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina

Re: my nomination for November

Post Number:#33  Postby sloozeberries » 18 Oct 2009, 23:47

Gannon wrote:
Bowlie wrote:
Amrita wrote:The Life of Pi by Yann Martel - have people on this thread already read this? I heard it was good.

It's great! It's one of my favorite books of all time!

Me too. It is one fantastic read. I loved the "man-eating island". Do not really get what this island is supposed to mean and it is a bizarre twist in the book.

Hi I'm new here... I read this book about 5 years ago and I would love to read it again and be able to discuss it!!! It has so many different faucets for conversation and I would love to hear all the different things people can take from the story. Plus it was such a great book that I definitely want to read it again. :lol:
sloozeberries

New Book

Post Number:#34  Postby tZuKuL|nA » 21 Oct 2009, 00:04

I would like to propose Hara Taicher's new book!!!! "Changing Your Thinking, Changes Your Life" - You can check out the invitation to the book signing on youtube. Just look her up and it's the video entitled something like "EVENT - book signing"

The book can def be a best seller right away!!!
tZuKuL|nA

Post Number:#35  Postby DSLeiper » 23 Oct 2009, 08:43

Hi all.... new here, but was wondering if the vote for November book is out yet?

I think it indicated at the start of this thread the vote would be out October 1st but I didn't see it when I was looking through the different posts....
DSLeiper

Post Number:#36  Postby Bowlie » 23 Oct 2009, 14:41

DSLeiper wrote:Hi all.... new here, but was wondering if the vote for November book is out yet?

I think it indicated at the start of this thread the vote would be out October 1st but I didn't see it when I was looking through the different posts....

I am fairly new here as well. I've only been posting for about two months maybe. I was wondering when the vote would be out as well. Do any of the the older members who have taken part in these forums know how it normally works?
Bowlie

Post Number:#37  Postby humble » 27 Oct 2009, 11:50

when will the voting begin?
humble

book nomination for November

Post Number:#38  Postby sore eyes from readingb » 29 Oct 2009, 20:11

I nominate The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
sore eyes from readingb

Post Number:#39  Postby LauraH » 30 Oct 2009, 07:44

All right! Almost last day of October!
I will nominate John Irving's new book Last Night in Twisted River. Comes out in a week or so.
LauraH

Post Number:#40  Postby Bowlie » 30 Oct 2009, 12:28

I was going to try to make a poll for the vote for November book of the month since the poll was supposed to go up on October 1 but was never posted. Sadly, only moderators can start topics in this part of the forum. I'm ready to vote for November and to start discussing The Kite Runner (which also hasn't been posted yet).

Hopefully the moderator will post the poll soon! :)
Bowlie

Post Number:#41  Postby poomlie » 31 Oct 2009, 01:27

I vote for John Irving's new book Last Night in Twisted River.
poomlie

Post Number:#42  Postby Scott » 01 Nov 2009, 10:32

Sorry it's late, but I finally posted a thread to vote on the November book of the month.

I couldn't find a few of the nominations at Amazon, and a couple others we we already did. For instance, The Time Traveler's Wife was already book of the month. So I didn't include those.

Thanks,
Scott
Online Book Club ~ Tell your friends!

"Only the descent into the hell of self-knowledge can pave the way to godliness." -Immanuel Kant
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Previous