150,000!!!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
katiestardis
Currently Reading: Just Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: 150,000!!!

Post by katiestardis »

That's great. I only recently joined, but am enjoying myself so far. :)
CZCampbell
Currently Reading: Nighthawk: Sons of de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czcampbell.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by CZCampbell »

While I have not been a member for long (about a week), I find this is a great escape for me after work. This is wonderful and that is due to the many wonderful members! Congratulations, Scott and all of Online Book Club!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
annadorina
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by annadorina »

wow!! congrats!!! :D :D :D
Rebecca Henderson
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-henderson.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rebecca Henderson »

Congratulations, Scott! That's a great milestone to celebrate, because that means 150,000 people out there are reading books and discussing them and enriching their lives through literature. I joined this website because it's not about the coolest picture you post or the funniest thing you can say or the sheer amount of drama you can incite. This site is about reading and supporting fellow authors and thank you, Scott, for creating such a haven! :)
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
elizabeth1023
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elizabeth1023 »

glad to be a new member :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:

-- 27 Apr 2017, 11:33 --

glad to be a new member :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
LRBarton
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by LRBarton »

I'm brand new to this site but loving it all so far! I've been looking for this website for a long time and am ecstatic to finally be part of an online book reading community. I'm looking forward to what I read, learn, and write about while participating in this community. Thank you for all your hard work!
Mogul
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Mogul »

Still a very fresh bake in this community but i think this is an interesting piece of news!!! Thumbs up :D
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Congratulations!
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Zahid ali
Currently Reading: Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Zahid ali »

its a great achevement brother may you have many more Congratulations!
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Thanks also for making this website available for everyone. I enjoy reading free books. :)
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Zahid ali
Currently Reading: Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Zahid ali »

michelonline29 wrote:Thanks also for making this website available for everyone. I enjoy reading free books. :)
:) exaactly that!
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I am truly sorry to be the one to break this news, but unfortunately the numbers are deceiving.

A couple of years ago I found myself welcoming new members every single day - sometimes several a day. After awhile my curiosity got the best of me. In the past (and again this morning) I did a bit of research and found that the only post many of the new subscribers make is the one in the "INTRODUCTIONS" forum.

Test it for yourself if you don't believe me. Go to the introductions forum and click the name of any new member who is introducing themselves. Then check the number of posts they've made since they joined the OBC in their personal profile. In at least 50% of the cases I have found zero posts. Check names that go back a month, two months, a year and you will find that the pattern is (almost) the same. Not to say that some do not become active contributing members but the stats appear to show that the majority do not.

I would be delighted to learn that my methodology is flawed in some way and that I am wrong but the numbers seem to speak for themselves.

So, in effect, we have a lot of subscribers who never use the site beyond introducing themselves. I can understand SOME people doing this but the enormous number who have is very bewildering.

This does not discount the fact that this is a very active and stimulating website. Other research I have done suggests that the OBC is by far the best in its online category. So if it is any consolation Scott you are to be commended for bringing together the most erudite group of quality readers on the planet (in my opinion) and keep in mind that that quality always supersedes quantity.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I want to commend everybody especially to Scott who opened the door toward the hall of rich ideas. We will carry this memory eternally.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

Congratulations to everyone behind this wonderful site. I'm so glad I found out about this! Thank you for giving us free books and updates on new releases. I bet authors, especially new ones, find this site very VERY helpful as well.
Again, congratulations and more fruitful years to come! ^_^
Sewlful
Currently Reading: Sick Puppy
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Sewlful »

This is great, thank you. And thank this community. I'm a newbie here & just fumbling my way around, but have found everyone to be similar to me in the love of reading good books (& just ok books too LOL). Great Community!

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”