Official Review: The Seer's Daughter by Athena Daniels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Official Review: The Seer's Daughter by Athena Daniels

Post by Heidi M Simone »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Seer's Daughter" by Athena Daniels.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murder. Magic. Possession. Romance. A Seer. These words all sum up Athena Daniels's first installment of the Beyond the Grave series, The Seer's Daughter.

Sage Matthews returns to Cryton, South Australia when her grandmother passes away. To be frank, her grandmother was murdered. She was left in the same state with the same markings as two previous murders in the same area. Although there is no clear pattern between the targeted victims, the talented and well-known Detective Ethan Blade is determined to identify the relation between the three and capture the murderer. What he isn't prepared for is the powerful and undeniable attraction he feels for Sage.

As the victim's granddaughter begins to pack up her grandmother's shop and home, in which they both used to live in, she starts to feel uneasy, especially sleeping there. Unusual activity begin to take place, particularly between the hours of 2:00-3:00 am. Objects move, doors slam shut, temperature drops, and Sage is convinced she can hear laughter within her childhood walls. Determined to get to the bottom of these strange occurrences, this brave young woman embarks on the journey that was laid out by her grandmother to once and for all stop the darkness within. However, will she be able to conquer the evilness? Also, how will Ethan be able to keep Sage's safety in check when the abnormal activity cannot be easily explained?

In this page-turning paranormal C/T/H/M, I was left grasping for more. Daniels's flawless writing, her strong female lead, and enticing storyline had me captivated right from the beginning. Aside from the romance, I really enjoyed the chilling scenes this talented author vividly described, which left my heart beating fast and my skin crawling.

One of the best aspects of this novel is how Daniels appeals to a vast audience. Those who enjoy creepiness will enjoy those scenes. Those who enjoy murder mysteries will be left questioning how and why the murders took place. Those who enjoy character growth will see some in both Sage and Ethan. Finally, those who prefer a balance between romantic and non-romantic scenes will savor the steamy moments spent between the protagonists, but will appreciate how these scenes are secondary to the plot.

The Seer's Daughter is a novel that I will not easily forget. Daniels has a way of grabbing her readers right from the get-go and is able to sustain her audience's attention throughout. Without a doubt this novel deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating. I highly recommend The Seer's Daughter to those who enjoy paranormal C/T/H/M with a strong female lead, and for those who don't mind some spooky scenes.

The Seer's Daughter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like hsimone's review? Post a comment saying so!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Great review! The book sounds real good. I enjoy a mix of genres. :)

Congratulations to the author for getting such a good review! :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you, gali! I like a mix of genres, too! :D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review for what sounds like an engrossing book. I considered choosing this book when I saw it on the list recently, so I particularly enjoyed reading your opinions. I love mysteries, but thought the creepiness in the house might scare me too much (I often read late at night!).
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you, bookowlie! I was wondering if I would be completely spooked by the house. While I was reading, I was creeped out. However, I didn't have any nightmares, so I think it was a good balance for me. :) However, I'm pretty sure I read most of this book during the day...so I could've had a different take on it if I did read it at night! :shock:
Heidi

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

hsimone wrote:Thank you, bookowlie! I was wondering if I would be completely spooked by the house. While I was reading, I was creeped out. However, I didn't have any nightmares, so I think it was a good balance for me. :) However, I'm pretty sure I read most of this book during the day...so I could've had a different take on it if I did read it at night! :shock:
It sounds like the book is best read in daylight. :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

bookowlie wrote:
hsimone wrote:Thank you, bookowlie! I was wondering if I would be completely spooked by the house. While I was reading, I was creeped out. However, I didn't have any nightmares, so I think it was a good balance for me. :) However, I'm pretty sure I read most of this book during the day...so I could've had a different take on it if I did read it at night! :shock:
It sounds like the book is best read in daylight. :)
Yeah...you might be right about that. :)
Heidi

Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

I'm not one for spooky or romance scenes so I think I'll pass on this one! Good job on the review though, it definitely gives the reader a good idea of the type of book it is.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you, Rachaelamb1! Definitely if you're not into either one of those genres, might be a good idea to pass on this one. Thank you for your thoughts. :)
Heidi

MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MsMartha »

This sounds like a really good book--I'm adding it to my reading list. I really appreciate the review. It gives me exactly the kind of information I want when I'm considering a book like this one.
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you, MsMartha, for your kind words! I'm glad that I gave you the kind of information you needed to see if you would want to give this book a try. If/When you check the book out, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (I believe it's only $0.99 on Amazon now, if you did want to grab it ;) )
Heidi

MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MsMartha »

hsimone wrote:Thank you, MsMartha, for your kind words! I'm glad that I gave you the kind of information you needed to see if you would want to give this book a try. If/When you check the book out, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (I believe it's only $0.99 on Amazon now, if you did want to grab it ;) )
Thanks for reminding me about that price--I'm downloading it now!
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

MsMartha wrote:
hsimone wrote:Thank you, MsMartha, for your kind words! I'm glad that I gave you the kind of information you needed to see if you would want to give this book a try. If/When you check the book out, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (I believe it's only $0.99 on Amazon now, if you did want to grab it ;) )
Thanks for reminding me about that price--I'm downloading it now!
Nice! Glad I can help. ;) Enjoy!
Heidi

Perpetual
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Perpetual »

nice book,lovely storyline,bravo to the author
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Perpetual wrote:nice book,lovely storyline,bravo to the author
Nicely said! I absolutely agree. :D
Heidi

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”