Featured Review

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

Discussion of Before I Go to Sleep

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. Each book of the month get's it's own whole subforum in this forum. Click here to nominate books for book of the month.

How do you rate Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson?

1 star - poor, recommend against reading it
No votes
2 stars - okay, fair
7%
3 stars - good, recommend it
71%
4 stars - excellent, amazing
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: Discussion of Before I Go to Sleep

Post Number:#16  Postby okcbooklover » 26 May 2012, 19:26

I visited this site earlier in the month while looking for a book to read in between books for my work book club. This is my first post and I am happy to report that I really like this book! It kept me guessing and I never knew what to believe which I think was the author's intent. The ending was good, but I would like to have had closure as to what would have happened the day following. Regarding her memory loss and the story each an every day, I could easily rationalize how she would "invent" the stories based on her previous journal entries. I really thought that the doctor would have ended up being her son. Just a thought I had. Also, I really thought the doctor would have made a copy of her journal when he had it in his possession so she wouldn't have to "remember" going forward.

I am anxious to see what is chosen for June's read and will hopefully be able to discuss right along with everyone. :)
okcbooklover

Favorite Book: The Time Travelers Wife

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17  Postby proudmom25 » 29 May 2012, 13:23

I am almost half way finished with this book and I am really enjoying it can't wait to finish!
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
proudmom25

Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY

Post Number:#18  Postby trafficschool1234 » 03 Jun 2012, 04:09

I Must pray before i go to sleep. That's my habit before going to sleep.
trafficschool1234

Post Number:#19  Postby proudmom25 » 05 Jun 2012, 18:41

Wow just finished was a good read !!!

-- 08 Jul 2012, 18:15 --

I didnt see that coming with the husband which was really the attacker!! wow what a crazed man no wonder she wrote Don't trust Ben in her journal I was thinking she probly found something out an wrote it but couldn't remember when she woke. All in all it was a good read a page turner alright.
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
proudmom25

Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY

Post Number:#20  Postby chikankari » 25 Jul 2012, 02:26

I really love it this story.

chikanbarn
chikankari

Post Number:#21  Postby Bubbles » 26 Jul 2012, 08:48

I love this book.
I love finding out details with Christine, and willing her on to find out more information, with each page I was desperate to know more. The book really threw me around, one minute thinking one thing then changing my mind the next, really felt the disorientation, so could only feel sorry for Christine through the whole book. Very satisfied with the ending and the way it came together, going through the journey with her and left the book feeling very optimistic about her future.
Bubbles

Post Number:#22  Postby JJMcInerney » 26 Jul 2012, 13:56

I really enjoyed this novel--read it in two quick sittings.

I was enthralled by the characterization of Christine, convinced that "S. J." has to be a woman, but was amazed to discover that this novel of intrigue and poignant observations of normal as well as abnormal life was written by a man; a man who, obviously, much to his credit, is totally in touch with his "feminine" side. The action is both contemplative and fast-paced while, at the same time, riddled with subtle clues as to whom "Ben" really is and what really happened to cause Christine's total memory loss. "Who did this to me?" is her persistent theme and she, through Watson, opens all the stops to find out.

While I did find the ending a bit too trite and bit more contrived that I expected as I raced through the 258 pages, I did find the author's first foray into the world of novels a stunningly contrasting, compelling read that melded the genres of mystery, intrigue, romance, and psychological terror, tinged with a bit of a historical, albeit modern times, bent.

I am looking forward to the author's next literary effort.
JJMcInerney

Post Number:#23  Postby nancyfee » 06 Sep 2012, 15:11

I read this book like 1 year ago and I really enjoy it
nancyfee

Post Number:#24  Postby vinodkumaryadav11 » 11 Oct 2012, 05:34

Hi,

It is really awesome book written by mature author.
vinodkumaryadav11

Post Number:#25  Postby Carla Hurst-Chandler » 11 Oct 2012, 07:35

Just finished it.

Good read. Nice twist near the end. Would have like a less ambiguous ending...more closure. 7/10
“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Carla Hurst-Chandler

Favorite Author: Pirzig
Favorite Book: Zen and the Art...

Post Number:#26  Postby vinodkumaryadav11 » 12 Oct 2012, 02:49

It's a good book, I loved reading it..
vinodkumaryadav11

Previous