What kind of music do you listen to?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

According to my friends I am the weirdest human being there is when it comes to music. I don't like hardly anything that was released post the new millennium. Don't get me wrong there are a few songs here and there that I like, but the majority of the music I listen to on a daily basis in my car and at work or where ever I am. :lol:
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I pretty much dabble in a bit of everything according to my mood. The types that I absolutely will not listen to are country, classical, techno, opera. Other than those I'm pretty easy going. I would say my top favourites are R&B and rock.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
12els30
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-12els30.html

Post by 12els30 »

The music I listen to tends to vary depending on my mood. If I'm cleaning the house and want something to lift me up a little I listen to Christian Contemporary. If I've had a day and I just want to be sassy then Pop or Rock that empowers women. Music is meant to lift your spirits, whatever those spirits happen to be. I always use it to make my day, one mood or another :D
APHarris82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apharris82.html

Post by APHarris82 »

I usually like the singer-songwriter genre, but on those days that it's a perfect window down kind of day, I'll throw in some Dave Matthew's and call it a "Dave Day"! Lately, I've been listening to Lithium radio on XM! I love going back to the 90s grunge!
-AP
a_ring
Currently Reading: Glass Sword
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-ring.html

Post by a_ring »

I am currently studying Music Performance and Music Industry in school so I am frequently in contact with several genres. Mainly it is 'classical', rock, and alternative. For me classical is a broad field which encompasses several subcategories of its own. While I do enjoy this type of music I equally enjoy other genres. It's nice to take a break from the music I am exposed to all day and listen to something different.
Emerald_Lynn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerald-lynn.html

Post by Emerald_Lynn »

My taste in music is extremely subjective in relation to my current mental/emotional state. It also varies ranging from alternative, soft rock, indie, hip-hop, rock, soft metal, reggae and anything else I deem adequate enough for my eager ears. To name a few of my favorite bands: Coldplay, Florence + The Machine, The Neighborhood, Band of Horses, BORNs, Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons.
hillajax

Post by hillajax »

I prefer to listen R&B, Soul and sometimes Soft Rock (LP style)...
flordeliz0315
Currently Reading: What We Find
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by flordeliz0315 »

I like to listen to different types of music it depends what kind of mood I am in, but my favorites are Merengue, Bachata and Salsa. I love my Spanish music.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Mostly, I listen to soft, meaningful romantic songs. Ofcourse, I need a more cheerful peppy one once in a while
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

My music taste varies so much so I don't really have a specific type that I prefer. I basically like all types of music but one that I definitely do not like is Country.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Genaaa wrote:My music taste varies so much so I don't really have a specific type that I prefer. I basically like all types of music but one that I definitely do not like is Country.
Almost the same case with me. Depends on my mood and on what I've been listening to constantly.
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

I mostly prefer Hip-Hop and Jazz. Sometimes, Rock can sneak in but only from certain bands or groups. Hip-Hop because they're mostly lively and/or fast paced and Jazz because they just sound super sweet on the ears.
ross
Currently Reading: The Message?
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ross.html

Post by ross »

Dance, hip-hop
Sol Joy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sol-joy.html

Post by Sol Joy »

I'm pretty eclectic. I like new and old...mainstream and indie... But I have this magnetic attraction to soul music. Al Green...India Arie... The Isley Brothers...and right now Solange. Her new album speaks directly to the souls of those feeling the pressures of racial tension...it is a period piece, yet it is timeless.

If real instruments are involved, I will take a listen.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I listen to just about anything my top two are country and pop
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Return to “Poetry & Music”