What kind of music do you listen to?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Abigail09
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Post by Abigail09 »

I have a new found love for Country songs .Didn't know how cool they were until I started listening to them
Crayola
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crayola.html

Post by Crayola »

I typically just listen to rap, local, old, new, all kind of rap.
ashpop2110

Post by ashpop2110 »

I basically like to listen electronic music especially progressive house,dupstep and future house.But on the other iam not the one that stick to listening of only one genre of music.Until a song has a good melody and good lyrics i can listen to any type of music.
Casper Reaves
Currently Reading: Lean In
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casper-reaves.html

Post by Casper Reaves »

I listen to a wide range. I am trying to learn more about opera. I discovered Death In Venice today. I am expanding my exposure to Bebop Jazz. With Pop music, some of Sia's songs and videos are creative, for example, Cheap Thrills.
constantine265
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constantine265.html
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch

Post by constantine265 »

Abigail09 wrote:I have a new found love for Country songs .Didn't know how cool they were until I started listening to them
Yes, Johny Cash is one of my favorite singers, I'll mention The Gambler (I know he's not the first one to sing it, but I like his version the best), devil's hand, sunday mornin' commin' down, ridders in the sky, as my favorites. I also like clasical music and rock'n'roll (guns&rosses)
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch
Akeem

Post by Akeem »

Depending on the time and mood.most times I think I prefer R and b at night
boog
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boog.html

Post by boog »

Oh, I listen to all sorts! My favorite band of all time is Alice in Chains - probably due simply to Layne Staley's amazing vocal capabilities - but I find myself listening more and more to British indie rock and pop these days. I love Ben Howard, Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons ... oh, and I absolutely -adore- Of Monsters and Men, though they're from Iceland.
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Abigail09 wrote:I have different types of music I listen to .Each having their respective moods . But mostly I listen to music that brings out life in me .I mean music that can make me dance or just make me smile....So what kind of music do you listen to mostly?
I like rock but not traditional or heavy rock. My favorite current band is Starset, but I will listen to just about anything.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I listen to pop, r&b, techno, pop rock, a little heavy metal and jpop
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

When I want to chill I listen to Ben Howard, amazing guitar skills, voice full of feeling and his lyrics are like poetry. I like his earlier album called Every Kingdom.
Apart from that I like rock bands like Breaking Benjamin, Deftones, Chevelle, and Slipknot. However recently I've been into more pop, electronic type stuff with female singers like Banks, Tove Lo and Lorde. Lorde's first album, for saying she was 16/17 at the time is brilliant.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I mostly listen to Kpop, but I also listen to Latin music and regular pop music quite often. On rare occasions, I'll play some classical music.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

I love listening to Rhythm and Blues, and Gospel music. The Individuals singing the blues are singing about their personal pains. You can feel it in their voices. Their hearts are in the music. If you can identify their pain. Then you been there to. The Gospel songs are what it is. The Good News of being born again. It takes you from then to now.
Kellic Quentes

Post by Kellic Quentes »

Rock. (Usually post-hardcore, punk, pop punk, metalcore, etc)
normindrasarawi
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-normindrasarawi.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by normindrasarawi »

I always love rock and alternative music, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t listen to other genres. I love music, so I listen to almost anything as long as the lyrics are meaningful.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
III_Jasmine_III
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by III_Jasmine_III »

EDM. Owl City. Pop. RNB. These doesn't include influenced music though.
~ J ~

Return to “Poetry & Music”