The Hamilton Musical Soundtrack

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
audreykeeling
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-audreykeeling.html

The Hamilton Musical Soundtrack

Post by audreykeeling »

Incredible. Absolutely genius. Lin-Manuel Miranda has fully expressed his capability to captivate audiences from various backgrounds, regardless if they have ever even heard of Alexander Hamilton. The mix of rap and pop music is so interesting. I can honestly say that my new favorite rappers are Aaron Burr, George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, and Marquis de Lafayette.
colorizzy
Favorite Author: Leigh Bardugo
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 11
fav_author_id: 5371

Post by colorizzy »

This soundtrack is honestly one of the best, most well thought out set of music I've found in a very long time. I can't wait to see what else Lin has in store for us.
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

I listened to it on repeat while in a reading slump and I am in love. I am so sad that I will probably never get to watch the musical live! Also, an absurd amount of tears were shed throughout the soundtrack. I think I even cried at Satisfied once, after I knew what happens to everyone and really grasped the importance and meaning of the song.
My weekend is all booked!
kileiah
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kileiah.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kileiah »

Like many I have been swept away by the phenomenon that is Hamilton the musical. From a writing perspective no one can deny the stunning skills in rhyme and metre that Miranda has displayed, and the performances by the cast are flawless. Not to mention the songs are just so catchy!

I've heard the comment that Hamilton is a great way to introduce musical theatre to audiences who listen to rap and hip-hop. Conversely, I'm gaining interest in rap and hip-hop through musical theatre! I was wondering if anyone more familiar with the genres of rap, hip-hop, R&B, etc. had any suggestions for music to listen to for people who liked Hamilton. I can't get enough of this music right now and I'm sure there's so much great stuff out there!
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I like pop and rap together, I will have to check them out, thanks.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
NE1CanBAReader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne1canbareader.html

Post by NE1CanBAReader »

I love Hamilton!! Each line and sometimes down to the word is thought out. The line in "You'll be back" about him going mad is absolutely perfect and a good joke for all those history fans!
JCatSmit16

Post by JCatSmit16 »

SO much love for this incredible story, flawless musical score and amazing talent. You know it's true love when you spend days memorizing Lafayette's lines... and then reward yourself by listening to the second act so you can cry all the tears.
roxannepark
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxannepark.html

Post by roxannepark »

On top of the amazing music, it's such a great examination of story too and how the greatest ones are those where every single detail is so tight. There's not a single song you can throw out in a second half because it's all just one giant tumble of cause and effect, starting from the point when Hamilton chooses to keep working instead taking a break with his family, spiraling on and on out of control, until he reaches his final, inevitable duel.
lucymn11
Currently Reading: ROOM
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucymn11.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by lucymn11 »

I've been recommending the Hamilton soundtrack to anyone I can. It's so beautiful that it will make you cry and laugh, and you know the story without even seeing the show live.
Bunny_Redd
Favorite Book: Let's Talk About Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Bunny_Redd »

I really like the Hamilton soundtrack, I currently am using Cabinet battle #1 as my alarm in the morning.
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

I love Hamilton. It almost makes me wish I were still teaching. My granddaughter fussed about it forever, but now she too is obsessed. I think what Lin Manuel Miranda did is brilliant and I'm glad they filmed while he was still performing. I'm just dying to see the video!
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Return to “Poetry & Music”