Favorite Classical Music Composer

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
David Bowman
Favorite Author: James Joyce
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Ulysses</a>
Currently Reading: Echo
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-bowman.html
Latest Review: "Earth Angel" by Alex Apostol
fav_author_id: 2516

Favorite Classical Music Composer

Post by David Bowman »

As an ardent lover of classical music (and in most periods, although I haven't gotten to Medieval yet), I'm wondering if anybody has a particular favorite composer who they enjoy, someone whose work makes them experience wonders or is simply genius? I appreciate any kind of opinions.

(Also, this is in another sense a survey in which I can kind find new composers to hear, so obscure ones are also invited!)
Latest Review: "Earth Angel" by Alex Apostol
malutka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92

Post by malutka »

Chopin!
ksinev44
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ksinev44 »

Personally, I like Bach. But Chopin has some good nocturnes. Also "La Campanella" by Liszt is one of my favorites.
Ryn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryn.html

Post by Ryn »

I quite like Tchaikovsky. While I'm not completely familiar with all of his works, I have heard, and like a good portion of them.

Also, I will admit that, while I enjoy classical music, I tend to gravitate towards the "popular" classical songs. One of my favourite Disney movies is Fantasia - because of the music. Fantasia 2000 was good too, and I enjoyed the music, but it doesn't come close to the original.

ksinev44 - speaking of Liszt's La Campanella - if you haven't seen it, you should check out a version done by Josh Wright where he plays part of the song on 2 grand pianos at once - you can find a video of it over on youtube.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

My favorite has always been Franz Liszt but my 3 year old has decided we need to listen to Charles Gounod. We listen to "Funeral March of the Marionettes" almost everyday!
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
KristinaS
Favorite Author: Too many
Currently Reading: Wake
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristinas.html

Post by KristinaS »

I don't think that I have favourite composer, but I quite like Torsten Petre's work. His Rêves d'autrefois or Melodiie des Alpes are just beautiful.

Return to “Poetry & Music”