Same As It Ever Was - Best song you haven't heard?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Same As It Ever Was - Best song you haven't heard?

Post by Scott »

I'm not saying that they all bad
I’m not saying that I'm any better
All I'm just trying to say is we could all do a lot better
This may be the best song you haven't heard. I love it. I can't stop playing it. Give it a look/listen:
What do you think? If you like it, you can download the song on iTunes.

I think the lyrics are fairly agreeable, but I understand they reference subject matter that can be divisive and controversial. We have a great community here, so let's keep the discussion positive and friendly.

Oh and the "best song you haven't heard" is a little bit of a challenge. If there's a song that most people haven't heard that you like even more or that you think I will like even more, then let's hear it. :P
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

Thanks for sharing!
I love LOVE. <3
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

I like it.. It does grow on you. I have listened to it several times; it is a very engaging song. Anything involving world peace and unity I like...
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

Pretty good song with some quality lyrics throughout it!
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
nikidoesjams
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikidoesjams.html

Post by nikidoesjams »

I think this is a great song and incredibly appropriate for the times we are living in.
Hampton_Roe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hampton_Roe »

I like this song
The Ellipsis Writer
Currently Reading: Guru Granth Sahib
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ellipsis-writer.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Ellipsis Writer »

Hell Scott,

Let me first start off by saying that today is my first day as a new member of OBC. Originally, I came here expecting to be around like minded people regarding my love for stories. I had no idea what kind of people I would be around other than the fact that we all love a good read. And while I still do not know anybody beyond that very much, it is quite pleasing to know that the site admin is like minded to me in another way aside from love of stories.

The video you posted was incredibly moving and it made my entry into OBC so much more comfortable. Times are dark these days, and the people around us with power are becoming more and more of a lingering image of fear and control. People are scared and they are wise to be. Too many groups of people are victims of hate in this country and it is honestly hard to see it getting any better for those people and the people who support them. And yet, it is small things like sharing a song as powerful as "Same As It Ever Was" that everyone can do to contribute to the big scheme of things.
I think it was really awesome of you to post this video. Knowing that there are so many people that hate the Black Lives Matter movement and the people who are part of the movement, I was pleasantly surprised to see a video like this posted. It was deeply an amazing song to hear in these times and I thank you for posting it.

As for my best song you haven't heard, I suggest "The Spectacular Quiet" by Lights & Motion. It has no lyrics, but it does not need any, as the atmospheric ambience of the rhythmic and harmonized music itself is like a journey to a whole new world. It brings me such tranquility to hear it, and I hope it does the same for you.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Return to “Poetry & Music”