The Show Goes On

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
mland2000
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mland2000.html

The Show Goes On

Post by mland2000 »

When I die
I will hear Bruce Hornsby’s music
embracing the small crowd
in their bleak clothing
paying their respects
their hands folded in supplication
as they ponder my departure.
some will come out of love
they will twist their wet tissues
or text on their cell phones.

Others will be curious and will look around
awaiting the free buffet
lining up for the coffin spectacle
pretending to grieve.
Nathrad Sheare
Favorite Author: Hawthorne and Poe
Favorite Book: The Scarlet Letter
Currently Reading: Too much
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathrad-sheare.html
Latest Review: "No Poverty Between the Sheets" by Pauline Kiely

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

I found this one interesting, mland2000. I know, it's been awhile since you've read from me, a whole six minutes, in fact, but here I am again!

Do you believe in Heaven? I was thinking that could be the only logical reason you'd figure you'd hear music at your own funeral. :lol: Those who've come out of love will be texting... I guess each one grieves his own way... :D I think my favorite verse was the second. It has that "Oh, the apathy" feel with a dash of wry humor. Well, I smiled anyway... Was that the intention or was my reaction to the words just perverse? :lol: Your work is rather unique. I enjoy reading it. What inspired the choice of Bruce Hornsby as the soundtrack master? Just a question.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream at night.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Latest Review: "No Poverty Between the Sheets" by Pauline Kiely
mland2000
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mland2000.html

Post by mland2000 »

This song, which comprises the title I used, is beautiful and a little creepy. You will understand its inclusion, when you hear it, on youtube or Amazon. Thank you. You get it already! You are not perverse. I am. LOL :tiphat:
:evil: :twisted: :) :) :) :) You Like me......you.......I think your analysis is right on the money! Just took me a couple of years to tell you so. :tiphat:

Return to “Poetry & Music”