Songs that Made You Cry

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
colorizzy
Favorite Author: Leigh Bardugo
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 11
fav_author_id: 5371

Re: Songs that Made You Cry

Post by colorizzy »

Here comes the sun by the Beatles, long story as to why, but I can't listen to it anymore without sobbing
Martina_Reads
Currently Reading: Mindfulness
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-reads.html

Post by Martina_Reads »

Jackson Browne is amazing and I love his songs, but the song that makes me cry every time is "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.
Trehanna7
Currently Reading: Orphan Train
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trehanna7.html

Post by Trehanna7 »

Strong enough by Matthew West
AutumnPhillips
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by AutumnPhillips »

Trehanna7 wrote:Strong enough by Matthew West
Yes! lol It seems that Christian music in general always makes me cry... Probably because the songs actually try to combat issues everyday people face, rather than just sounding catchy...
The most serious, blatantly honest example I've found of this is in the song "Worn" by the Christian band Tenth Avenue North. It's really fantastic.

-- 23 Jul 2016, 03:56 --

I would absolutely recommend the song "Worn" by Tenth Avenue North to anyone who finds that they are often feeling tired...
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

Cats in the cradle makes me lose it every time. It always makes me wonder am I around my family and friends enough. It also brininks back memories of my childhood.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
BeaEscaran26
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beaescaran26.html

Post by BeaEscaran26 »

For some reason I do cry a lot for songs but only when I'm alone. I cry for Maroon 5 songs such as Nothing Lasts Forever, Not Falling Apart and Better that we break. Delicate, Amie and the Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice makes me teary. Frank Turner songs such as the fastest way back home and Mittens. All the songs in the movie Once where Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard stars in warms my heart out. And even Jason Mraz songs.
Dravyn98
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Dravyn98 »

No i have never cried because of a song. Maybe i jusy havent found the right song yet
Shabellabook29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shabellabook29.html

Post by Shabellabook29 »

'Concrete Angel' by Martina McBride - simple but heart wrenching topic that songs these days don't focus on.

'What Hurts the Most' by the Rascal Flatts - To be honest the song by itself didn't make me cry but the music video that goes with it... That along with the song made me cry.
Deneale
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deneale.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Deneale »

This new song by Justin Beiber, where he says 'my Mother doesn't like you, and she likes everyone..." My Son and I recently had a falling out. I didn't know who wrote or sang it til I went to my Daughter in law, (not of this son.) and she told me it was him. I listen to the song, and I swear its about my son, hes going to realize that I don't like his girl friend, and YES I do like everyone. I am not a hater. And no I don't hate her. She just is ruining my family and my son. Even his work has told him she is wrong for him and ruining his life. I'm sorry, I am even crying as I type this. She is such bad news. But I honestly think he thinks he is stuck with her. And I cannot wait until he wakes up.
Dashkova

Post by Dashkova »

There's bunches of songs that I love but never listen to because they make me cry too hard!

I am Yours - Derek and the Dominos
Tears in Heaven(the Unplugged version) - Clapton
Long, Long, Long - the Beatles
I Live for You - George Harrison
3 Libras - a Perfect Circle

Those are just a few off the top of my head..........
Zaybrie

Post by Zaybrie »

I sometimes cry while listening to music. Usually because the song is sad.

For example the song 'If I don't make it back' leaves me bawling.

Also, the 'Wedding March' by Johnathon Cain leaves me in tears. Though they are good tears because it is the song I walked down the aisle to.
mland2000
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mland2000.html

Post by mland2000 »

Bruce Hornsby on Piano, with Bonnie Raitt singing I Cant Make You Love Me. A few sung by Shawn Colvin, such as The Show Goes on by Bruce Hornsby. To Me, it is hard to find a singer who can really feel his/ her words. Eva Cassidy, singing Sting's song -Along The Field of Dreams, got it. Some just sound like they are singing scales and showing off.

-- 02 Sep 2016, 22:15 --
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

There are a few great songs that choke me up! The most recent one is Kelly Clarkson's piano live version of Piece by Piece. I first heard it when she performed it on the American Idol farewell season and was not expecting to be in tears by the end of her performance! I could relate to every word in that song. When I sing a long to the radio version, I feel like I am singing that song to my absent father.
ndounkeu2014
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndounkeu2014.html

Post by ndounkeu2014 »

Deep songs
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Lee Greenwood's "Proud to Be an American" and almost any rendition of Amazing Grace.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Return to “Poetry & Music”