VINYL RECORDS ARE BACK !

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
suzy1124
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: VINYL RECORDS ARE BACK !

Post by suzy1124 »

Bighuey wrote:Ive got the original Columbia 78 RPM 6 record album recordings of Norman Corwin's On A Note Of Triumph from 1945. It was a radio program broadcast when Germany surrendered. Very dramatic presentation about the war. The records are kind of scratchy but still playable. Ive got the same thing on a CD that has no scratches or noise, but somehow the original sounds more realistic. Those are ones I will always keep. The few records I have I wont get rid of, one is Dave Brubeck's Time Out album, some Judy Garland records, one which is very rare, only 200 copies were made. I also have Edward R. Murrow's I Can Hear It Now records and a Man With The Golden Arm soundtrack album and some albums that were special to my wife. Those I will never get rid of even if I dont have a record player.

Aaaaw, very sweet!, spoken as a " true romantic " :) 8)
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Some things a person needs to keep to remember their loved ones.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I agree! incredible how " evocative " certain songs can be.................they just hit you where you live...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Thats true. Some songs have that certain feeling that makes you feel good. I dug out my old records today, played Benny Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert. Great swing performance, some with Count Basies Orchestra.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Now ya talkin! 8)

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Goodman was The King Of Swing thats for sure.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Absolutely!...he was one of a kind, such " nostalgic " music we share a liking for...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

That stuff was classic. After listening to those oldies it makes one to take some of this new so-called music and toss it out the window.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

YUP, I FEEL THE SAME!...Soooo much NOISE!, no relation to what we think music should be... :cry:

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Some of the modern ballads are good and some country music isnt too bad. But modern rock I dont even understand. Its not rock anymore I dont know what you would call it.

Talking about throwing things out the window, Im about ready to trash this new keyboard. Damn keys are too close together and I hit two at a time.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Either that or make your fingers skinnier, is there such a thing as a " reducing diet for fingers ? "...how much " finger " food are you eating ?...yuk yuk, I'm ducking, forget I ever said that! :oops:

Oddly enough I have keyboard probs too cause of my long nails...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Thats something Ive always been curious about is how ladies type with long fingernails.

That reminds me of something that happened back when they were just starting to use computers. There was a woman who worked at the Salt Lake airport who was over endowed with a front porch. They had just gone to computers and she couldnt type because her bigness kept laying on the keys. I think they transfered her to another department or something. I suppose that could be a problem.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

lolol, :lol: :lol: ...

Quite a " visual! "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

She must have been pretty top-heavy. :lol:

I went to the Globo today and saw some old LP records. I would have bought some, but they were all in German. Probably should have anyway, German music is OK I guess. But I got too much junk, dont need more.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

See ya at the Global, Tortas for lunch...vamanos...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Poetry & Music”