What's your favorite song at the moment?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: What's your favorite song at the moment?

Post by Bighuey »

I liked that one song by Blondie that was from that movie with Richard Gere, the one where he played a stud-for-hire. Dont remember the name of it, but it was a fast, upbeat song.

I heard an oldie today, one I always liked, Basin Street Blues by The Firehouse Five Plus Two. Probably most of you youngsters never heard of them, they were an old time jazz band that had a few songs on the charts back in the 50's. They did a slow, sexy version of it, something you would want to dance to with your favorite partner to get into a mood of high emotion.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
lady_charlie
Favorite Author: Isabel Allende
Favorite Book: The House of the Spirits
Currently Reading: Very Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-charlie.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 16996

Post by lady_charlie »

dolphinsdurban wrote:My favorite song is shakira waka waka

anything by Shakira is my fav song

-- 06 Aug 2013, 21:21 --
Bighuey wrote:I liked that one song by Blondie that was from that movie with Richard Gere, the one where he played a stud-for-hire. Dont remember the name of it, but it was a fast, upbeat song.

Call Me - (that is the name of the song, dude)

I heard an oldie today, one I always liked, Basin Street Blues by The Firehouse Five Plus Two. Probably most of you youngsters never heard of them, they were an old time jazz band that had a few songs on the charts back in the 50's. They did a slow, sexy version of it, something you would want to dance to with your favorite partner to get into a mood of high emotion.
Basin Street Blues Louis Armstrong or a different one?
It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. J.R.R. Tolkien
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

No, the version I have is The Firehouse Five Plus Two. They did mostly fast, upbeat happy music, Firehouse Stomp was one of there hits. But Basin Street Blues is a slow, hot sultry night dance tune.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
lady_charlie
Favorite Author: Isabel Allende
Favorite Book: The House of the Spirits
Currently Reading: Very Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-charlie.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 16996

Post by lady_charlie »

Bighuey wrote:No, the version I have is The Firehouse Five Plus Two. They did mostly fast, upbeat happy music, Firehouse Stomp was one of there hits. But Basin Street Blues is a slow, hot sultry night dance tune.
But it is the same tune, right?
I did a youtube search for the song I remember that was called Basin Street Blues and Louis Armstrong did it and that was the tune I recognized - it is probably the same tune
It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. J.R.R. Tolkien
suzy1124
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by suzy1124 »

Bighuey wrote:I liked that one song by Blondie that was from that movie with Richard Gere, the one where he played a stud-for-hire. Dont remember the name of it, but it was a fast, upbeat song.

"American Gigolo "
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

That was it. Mediocre movie, but I liked the music.

Another one that was a crappy movie but had great music was Christine.

Right now, as of this moment my song for the moment is Forever Autumn from Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds Musical.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

" Volare " Domenico Modugno...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

lady_charlie wrote:
Bighuey wrote:No, the version I have is The Firehouse Five Plus Two. They did mostly fast, upbeat happy music, Firehouse Stomp was one of there hits. But Basin Street Blues is a slow, hot sultry night dance tune.
But it is the same tune, right?
I did a youtube search for the song I remember that was called Basin Street Blues and Louis Armstrong did it and that was the tune I recognized - it is probably the same tune
Its the same song. Its been around since the 1920's, just about everyone has done it from Louis Armstrong to Bing Crosby.
neonight

Post by neonight »

What's your favorite song at the moment? My favorite is a song by an Iraqi guitarist and singer, it is pretty old. But like wine, music gets better as it gets older.
shamicabuenaflor

Post by shamicabuenaflor »

My favorite song rn is Hummer by Foals
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

" Imagine " John Lennon

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Memphis Sun - Orion
Hope_0615

Post by Hope_0615 »

Don't Ya by Brett Eldredge

I've really been enjoying country music lately... mellow vibe :wink:
AliceRose
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Post by AliceRose »

Favourite song at the moment, "Applause" - Lady Gaga. Only came out yesterday and I have it on repeat! HUGE fan of her, she hasn't made one song that I dislike.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Coldplay..." Viva La Vida "

-- 13 Aug 2013, 16:57 --

Coldplay..." Viva La Vida "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Poetry & Music”