The Doors

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Cowboy14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cowboy14 »

i like them for their guitar works :X
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

They were one of a kind.
thsavage2
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday

Post by thsavage2 »

I love The Doors and Jim Morrison. "Touch Me" is one of my favorite songs, the lyrics "I'm gonna love you/ 'Til the stars fall from the sky for you and I" are surprisingly romantic. I don't know if I'd call it poetry, but I'd definitely call it poetic. The English Restoration writers have some interesting things to say about poetry. So does Pat Rothfuss in his Kingkiller Chronicles--he thinks of poetry and music and singing are two different things.
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

my absolute FAVORITE GROUP................visited Jim Morrison's grave site in a Paris...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
aca

Post by aca »

thsavage2 wrote:I love The Doors and Jim Morrison. "Touch Me" is one of my favorite songs, the lyrics "I'm gonna love you/ 'Til the stars fall from the sky for you and I" are surprisingly romantic. I don't know if I'd call it poetry, but I'd definitely call it poetic. The English Restoration writers have some interesting things to say about poetry. So does Pat Rothfuss in his Kingkiller Chronicles--he thinks of poetry and music and singing are two different things.
Love that song too, the sax solo is ace :)
Robby actually wrote that one - I reckon he's pretty underrated as a songwriter, he wrote some great songs.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

They're STILL tops on my list!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Has anyone read and made sense of Jim Morrison's poetry? Supposedly, he believed that he was a medium, channeling for a shaman. Does this seem right to any of you? How much of his poetry or music then is him and how much, if you believe in such things, is this supposed shaman? Apparently, he was quite smart in some ways - he could tell you the first line of so many different books, etc. Also, he was supposedly influenced by Baudelaire and Rimbaud, two authors I've never read. Anyone have any takes on that? "The Soft Parade" is a good song and album.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
JB3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jb3.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by JB3 »

My favorite song by the Doors is definitely Roadhouse Blues. One of the first albums by the Doors that I got was Strange Days.
Nina Vanderbilt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-vanderbilt.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nina Vanderbilt »

I love the Doors, they are one of my favorite bands. I always see myself in Jim Morrison and their music is like a trance for me. It's awesome.

Return to “Poetry & Music”