How Does Music Influence You?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
okafor miracle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How Does Music Influence You?

Post by okafor miracle »

music is one d greatest tool .it lnfluence all round in life.music makes me happy all d time.during d time I loss my girlfrnd I was so downcast to d extend I almost committed suicide but tanks to music I was able to overcome. :wink2:
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Music just serves as a mood changer for me. If I'm tired, I turn on some loud, dance music to wake me up. If I'm sad, I turn on some inspirational music to perk myself up. If I'm happy, I turn on some upbeat music to keep myself happy.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Honestly, it depends on what the pitch of the song is, and genre definitely has something to do with my mood. In fact, there are many studies pertaining to mood music.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
ramadhan hassan
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by ramadhan hassan »

well,when I feel like i have stress,i just put some music..and i feel fresh after listening that particular music.
Susan ONeal

Post by Susan ONeal »

There are times when I get upset and over wrought. I go to youtube and watch and listen to music videos. Music soothes me and lifts me up when nothing else can.
EMoffat
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emoffat.html
Latest Review: A Life In Waiting by Katrina Benson

Post by EMoffat »

I think music can affect you deeply. When I am low, there is certain music that always picks me up. I also listened to one song so much it made me quit my job and go travelling!
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

Yes, it does. When I need energizing, I'll open up my Sepultura or Powerwolf playlist. I find I work quickly when Judas Priest is playing. On the other hand, when I need to concentrate, I'll play monastic or really quiet classical music.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Music has inspired some of my best poems. Plus, it keeps me focused, even when reading for school. And when I want to shut out everyone and everything for any particular reason, music is my only companion.
JustEthel

Post by JustEthel »

Music influence me in so many ways. I can't stand going through the day without listening to music. They are very much a part of me. Growing up, I witnessed music being played on turntables and records, then cassette tapes and players, then CDs and Discman, and of course through mp3 players. But no matter how technology evolves music will still remain the same to me. It will always influences every aspect of my life.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I guess for me it depends on my day. If I am having a down day and I listen to an uplifting song it can brighten up my day. For Example.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

Music influence my emotions a lot. Whenever I'm sad, angry or upset with something, I listen to music. It helps me calm my nerves and keeps me cool. I'm glad I came across this post. I just wanted to see if anyone else was affected by music too.
-R
rapmonion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by rapmonion »

Music affects my mood. Upbeat music lifts my mood up while slow, sentimental songs either calm me down or make me sad. I use music to motivate me in the mornings. I use music to help me study.
Heather91

Post by Heather91 »

Music I believe expresses and helps us in so many ways I believe it is our release to life and situations...
Nathan Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathan-okafor.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Nathan Okafor »

Music is my life. I can't stay a day without listening to one or two music's. When I listen to music I just forget all about my challenges in life and feel a positive vibe.
Aituaje
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aituaje.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Aituaje »

I have certain memories tied to certain songs; songs that I listened to in different stages of my life. Some of those songs and the associated memories are quite sad, but I'm glad that those times are fading away; it gives me a sense of hope and emotional progress.

Some songs make me feel like I'm the queen of the world, and whenever I need a confidence boost, I know I can count on a couple repetitions of them to set my mood straight.

Return to “Poetry & Music”