Today

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Re: Today

Post by rssllue »

Shopping for fish today! :)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I got up early, went running, did some light housework, ate breakfast, finished the laundry, went to the grocery store, watched hubby play video games on his lunch break, watched the news for a little while, then hopped on my computer to see what's going on in the book club!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Today I have spent two hours writing, a very short amount of time reading ,dishes, laundry and later I will cook dinner, do more reading, more dishes, and more writing. Then I will get suckered into watching television.
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Not a whole lot. Watered my trees, did laundry, tried to fix a vacum cleaner, but couldnt. It was shot. I was going to town, but today is The Day Of The Dead in Mexico, stores were closed and it would have been too crowded anyway.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

Today, I woke up at 1 in the afternoon, studied a bit, went to academy, came back, and used my tab.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Showered and getting ready to eat breakfast.

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Not a whole lot. Went to have a blood test, ate breakfast out, went to the store came home and washed yesterdays dishes and fixed the door on my dingbat friends trailer. Nothing really earth-shaking.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Doctor's visit, rest and reading.

Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Same here. Have to go to the quack, probably come back home and not do much of anything.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Hopefully good results for us both then! 8)

DennisK
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by DennisK »

Dogs got me up at 5AM - let them out. Went back to bed and had bizarre dreams. Got up, and made coffee – too weak ...
kathylapan
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Currently Reading: Near a thousand tables
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathylapan.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by kathylapan »

We had our homeschool Co op, like every Friday. I taught science and personal finance, and proctored the chess club. I'm waiting to have surgery next month and I was really hurting today. We are ordering Chinese for dinner because I am way too tired to do anything else. I'm reading a book about Henry V so I'm looking forward to this weekend, rainy Cold days sat under a blanket and a cat, reading.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. ~ Sarah Williams
DennisK
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by DennisK »

kathylapan wrote:We had our homeschool Co op, like every Friday. I taught science and personal finance, and proctored the chess club. I'm waiting to have surgery next month and I was really hurting today. We are ordering Chinese for dinner because I am way too tired to do anything else. I'm reading a book about Henry V so I'm looking forward to this weekend, rainy Cold days sat under a blanket and a cat, reading.
Hope all goes well with you Kathylapn. I'm hobbling around on a twisted knee; so I, too, will be getting some reading done.
kathylapan
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Currently Reading: Near a thousand tables
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathylapan.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by kathylapan »

DennisK wrote:
kathylapan wrote:We had our homeschool Co op, like every Friday. I taught science and personal finance, and proctored the chess club. I'm waiting to have surgery next month and I was really hurting today. We are ordering Chinese for dinner because I am way too tired to do anything else. I'm reading a book about Henry V so I'm looking forward to this weekend, rainy Cold days sat under a blanket and a cat, reading.
Hope all goes well with you Kathylapn. I'm hobbling around on a twisted knee; so I, too, will be getting some reading done.
I hope yours goes well too. I need a hysterectomy, but since I've had two major surgeries in the past four years they're doing a procedure that will hopefully delay my need for the major surgery.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. ~ Sarah Williams
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Wow, it sounds like we are all falling apart at the seams. I went to the Dr. today, I get dizzy spells and blackouts and she said its from high blood pressure. Got a passel of pills for it, got super-industrial strength iboprofen for my shot knees, got high-dollar pills for my stomach and a special nose spray for my sinus condition. Also Im just barely getting over the effects of an exploded appendix. Other than that, Im in good shape for the shape Im in.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”