what do you like to eat?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
crazy denna
Bookshelf Size: 0

what do you like to eat?

Post by crazy denna »

bread or rice?
andr70

Post by andr70 »

Is it the whole list???????
Then none, I don't eat bread that you may buy in a shop, and I don't think rice is good for your health
Daily Alice

Post by Daily Alice »

crazy denna wrote:bread or rice?
Yes.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Well... I clicked on this thread expected something more tasty inside. Bread or rice, indeed! French fries are tops. With pizza. And don't forget the chocolate. And definitely no brocolli, it really is poisonous, honest!
Moore

Post by Moore »

I choose rice as it's more healthy than bread.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Yes, several people have advocated that because bread is refined it is absorbed quicker, pushing up blood sugar. A see-saw in blood level can, some say, lead to diabetes.
shokosugi

Post by shokosugi »

Rice
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Mind you, there's something I don't like to eat! Broccoli. It is poisonous - seriously. Does allyl-iso-cyo-thianate sound healthy? Broccoli is not good for your baby-to-be; it is a major cause of miscarriages! Sorry to sound like a fanatic, but on this point I am!
brownnataly21

Post by brownnataly21 »

Nothing in fact. I am a vegetarian, but i don't like rice and I only eat vegetables or fruit.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

brownnataly21 wrote:Nothing in fact. I am a vegetarian, but i don't like rice and I only eat vegetables or fruit.
That sounds absolutely awful! At least you're allowed to drink.
Fee Verte

Post by Fee Verte »

It depends what bread and what rice. Bread can be nasty white and vile mass manufactured muck or artisanal made and delicious. Likewise there are so many gardes of rice ranging from rubbish "boil in the bag" to fragrant Thai jasmin. It reminds me of the saying only "bread and water" but if that bread is a wonderful rustic Italian loaf with a dip of real virgin olive oil it can be a real gastronomic treat.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Fee Verte wrote:It depends what bread and what rice. Bread can be nasty white and vile mass manufactured muck or artisanal made and delicious. Likewise there are so many gardes of rice ranging from rubbish "boil in the bag" to fragrant Thai jasmin. It reminds me of the saying only "bread and water" but if that bread is a wonderful rustic Italian loaf with a dip of real virgin olive oil it can be a real gastronomic treat.
You're making me feel hungry! OK... Thai jasmin rice and Italian rustic loaf are both on my shopping list for after the holidays.
LoveMusic_AK

Post by LoveMusic_AK »

I prefer bread. I eat rice all the time because my step mom is Spanish. Rice get's to be a little boring and gross after a while. I really like bread though. I love it when I get a roll and slather it in butter. MMMMM so very tasty! :)
Jen319164
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen319164.html
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou

Post by Jen319164 »

Steak steak and more steak (now i want steak ) i love steak sooooo much but only if it is paper thin (no joke our butcher gets mad because he has to slice it thin) and nearly burnt so it is like steak potato chips
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

not all bread and rice are equal..........it's all about " Glycemic Index "..........whole grains are much healthier...........skip the REFINED carbs and go for the " complex " ones...more fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc...........I've even found a whole grain Baguette and English muffins...I can't live w/o my bread and buttuh!

choose BROWN rice over white, same goes for flour............" white " bread is pure poison.....I never touch the stuff.........I call it " wallpaper glue "

luckily my Chinese restaurant here gives the option of brown rice, I'm thrilled cause I eat there often...

Bon Appetite!

-- 18 Jul 2014, 06:47 --
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”