What gadgets do you have

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
crazy denna
Bookshelf Size: 0

What gadgets do you have

Post by crazy denna »

What gadgets does you car have?

I have satnav - built in
Phone - built in
cassette player
cd player and 10 disc changer
TV
dvd player - built in

It even has an onboard computer that tell me if a bulb has blown, not only that it tell me that it is using a substitute bulb until I have changed it

First time this happened I nearly crashed out of disbelief
andr70

Post by andr70 »

I'm fed up with all this stuff at work, so don't have many of them at home, just a PC, a mobile, two TVsets, DVD player, and some printing gadgets
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Im not really a believer in buying fancy gadgets as:

1. I think they are a huge waste of money and especially when the newest, better version comes out a few months later

2. I like the simple life.

The only gadget i have is a few game consoles: The PS3, the PSP and the DS, which i play on a lot and enjoy. My phone is a basic model no fancy IPod or internet features and my PS3 doubles as my DVD/Blu Ray player which saves much cash!

Oh and i also have a HD TV but it only cost 400euro and was a treat after years with a low-quality tv. :D
Daily Alice

Post by Daily Alice »

I don't discuss my gadgets with anyone. :wink:
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Daily Alice wrote:I don't discuss my gadgets with anyone. :wink:
Thats ok i can hear your most used gadget from here, keep it down a bit eh. :lol:
shokosugi

Post by shokosugi »

GPS & iPhone
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

A stiff drinking straw. Push it through strawberries to remove the core and stalk neatly. It is a gadget, honest! And a tip to share.
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Haha, I love all of these.

I sort of agree with gadgets being a waste, new tech comes out and [almost] everyone scrambles for them.

1st gen too people!
Always has the most glitches, wait till 3rd!

And all of these fancy gadgets are making people lazier, really...

For my car, I don't need a GPS (though I ironically have one, it just sits there storing addresses), I have an 8CD changer (can't live w/out the music), my dashboard and that's it!

I'm great with directions, and I know if a bulb needs to be replaced or not... I work at an automotive repair shop!
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
brownnataly21

Post by brownnataly21 »

Many of them - for example some mobiles, then a mp3 player, then some laptops, then dvd payer and so on.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Not many for me. Most are a sales gimmick to get you to buy something stupid a person would have as much use for as the man in the moon. I was guilty as anyone for buying junk, but I learned after a bunch of years that stuff like that is a waste of money. I have a basic cell phone, a cheap basic computer, a 50 dollar CD player, an 1100 peso (about 90 dollars) 16 inch TV, a used VCR and DVD player that cost 9 dollars, a 10 dollar coffee maker and other bargain appliances. I did buy a 3 dollar garlic press not long ago, but it dosent work. A 10 cent spoon works better. But we all go through the useless junk period in our lives, but most grow out of it after a while.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Daily Alice wrote:I don't discuss my gadgets with anyone. :wink:
A very good policy to have! :lol:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

My latest and greatest, my potato chip maker, and of course my garlic presser...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I guess you could call it a gadget. An external hard drive. They say thats the best way to deal with music, videos, pictures things you put on your computer. One tech guy I get newsletters from said CD's and DVD's are on their way out. External hard drives are the thing now. The thing cost me 40 bucks, I put all my stuff on it. A person gets used to one thing then they change everything. If CD's are going the way of the Edsel and T-rex, theres going to be a lot of Xmas tree ornaments.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Now the computers are in terabytes instead of gigabytes. It is getting crazy!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Ill say. Where I bought my hard drive they wanted to sell me a terabyte one, 1000 gigs, but I settled for a 500 gig one. Even with that I figured I could get around 100,000 songs on it. Id be dead before I heard them all.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”