Two questions

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Two questions

Post by Renee24 »

Hi,
I hope this is the right place, if not, I apalogize.
How do we get the book of the day, if it's always kindle unlimited? Even with the free trial it asks for a credit card, and I don't have one at the moment. I don't have a bank account either.

Also, when you do reading goals, do you count audio books as part of it? I was never sure, it seems like cheating, but with poor eyes, they are so much better sometimes.

Thanks!
Renee
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Renee24 wrote:Hi,
I hope this is the right place, if not, I apalogize.
How do we get the book of the day, if it's always kindle unlimited? Even with the free trial it asks for a credit card, and I don't have one at the moment. I don't have a bank account either.

Also, when you do reading goals, do you count audio books as part of it? I was never sure, it seems like cheating, but with poor eyes, they are so much better sometimes.

Thanks!
Renee
Hi

Not all the books of the day are with kindle unlimited. Some books of the day are free or sold with a discount. You still have to get them from Amazon though.

You can count the audio books if you want to. Books are books. The reading goals are just for fun and you decide what to include.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Post by Renee24 »

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm hoping to get a bank account soon, so I will be able to do the free trial.

and haha thanks. I always wondered. Whoever came up with that idea was a genius.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Renee24 wrote:Thanks, that's good to know. I'm hoping to get a bank account soon, so I will be able to do the free trial.

and haha thanks. I always wondered. Whoever came up with that idea was a genius.
:tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”