Any other non-tweeters?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Any other non-tweeters?

Post by LivreAmour217 »

stoppoppingtheP wrote:I have Facebook, twitter and Instagram, but I'm not a very constant updater on any of these media. I don't feel the need to inform my friends and followers of my every move, mood or opinion. I mostly go on to observe, see how everybody's doing, see what's happening in the world and perhaps press like or share something I find amusing or interesting.
I am the same way. I don't understand why anyone would want to share every single minute of his/her life on social media.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Ramona
Favorite Author: Too many...
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramona.html
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Ramona »

ALynnPowers wrote:I was really set against using it for the longest time. But then I finally broke down and made one. Mostly I use it to post links to reviews I write for this site. 8)
I have been dragging my heels also, ALynnPowers! Maybe posting links to reviews is the best reason for using twitter? I really don't know anything about it and haven't tried to learn. If (IF!) that were the only reason for using it, do you recommend it? Knowing myself, I probably would actually get in a few other words from time to time(!!!), but I'm not sure that I WANT to at this point.
Numbers 6:24-26 The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
RTA
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rta.html

Post by RTA »

Hello. Nope I have never tweeted either. The only social media site that I actively use is probably facebook...pinterest doesn't count does it? I'm pretty private about my personal life and I always feel a bit awkward on sites where everything about me is open to anyone with access to the internet. Even my facebook is locked down with as many privacy settings as I can figure out how to add lol.
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by Sarah G »

I've never been a tweeter. I got Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family when leaving and going to uni. However, I never ended up posting anything really so there is absolutely no point in getting twitter :)
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”