Do you think drugs should be legalized?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Do you think drugs should be legalized?

Post by Bighuey »

Amen to that, Suzy. When we were kids drugs were around, but nothing like today. Also back then the husband worked and the wife stayed home. Nowdays with both working to pay for mostly useless toys, kids run wild and unsupervised. A case in point, my own kids. When I was first married, my wife worked for a time, but after we had our first she quit and stayed home. Our kids turned out pretty good, never got involved with drugs or anything like that. My daughter experimented with them some, but got over it. Sometimes things were a little rough financially, but we did OK. Drugs have been around since ancient times, and its not likely they will ever go away. But if you teach your kids good values they will be less likely to get involved with that crap. I tried a joint once when I was about 18, and never have been so sick in my life. I think blowing your groceries on a public sidewalk in downtown San Diego is also a good teacher.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by suzy1124 »

ditto to all
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Samanthaheber
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthaheber.html

Post by Samanthaheber »

I think that this topic is very very very debatable. It's dependent on what the person you're asking referrers to as 'drugs'. No, I don't think that meth, cocaine, heroin or any of the other street drugs should be illegal. If someone is referring to marijuana as a drug, which as a very common topic, I would personally say that it should remain illegal. I live in Washington, where marijuana is legal on a level since January. Teenagers that use the so called "drug" will consider to use it and as for others, they will use it once they are legally of age to engage in such acts. Others, such as people that use marijuana for medical purposes should be able to medicate when it's necessary for them. I could never believe someone would keep someone from a form of medication, leaving them to live in pain. But all in all, It's really dependent on you're thoughts, morals and values. So I would have to say both yes and no on this topic.
Gloriannes
Favorite Author: John Lange
Favorite Book: Gor Heart of Darkness Alamut
Currently Reading: Fever and Rise of the red shadow
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloriannes.html
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 8763

Post by Gloriannes »

I think that is marijuana could be used like any other control drug it would fine. It's sad that although control drugs are abused, marijuana never even had a chance to have proper controls. Marijuana used as a recreation I'm sure can be fun and has it's uses, but also has negative outcomes. We all have friends and loved ones that use and would love to see for them a better life. Have you ever met a marijuana user that has been using for over 30 years and do you find their quality of life positive and fulfilled?
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
feyindie60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feyindie60.html

Post by feyindie60 »

Drug wars have caused the greatest source of pain to the families of this nation. In the case of marijuana,instead of treatment, our children are treated like criminals for smoking a drug that over 60% of all adults have smoked in their lifetime.

People who deal cocaine, heroin, meth, and designer drugs should be prosecuted for the evils they do. Marijuana is a plant that has many applications and uses; and has shown it is not, in itself, a harmful drug. While some of you may disagree with me, I will tell you I have spent 50 years around this plant, reading, researching, weighing the pros and cons.

If you drink alcohol you are doing more harm to you body than with marijuana. It is simply a matter of choice what you do, of course doing it in a responsible fashion. I'm 64 years old, in good health, and I see no reason to listen to people who know not of what they speak of.
ginarosada+95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginarosada-95.html

Post by ginarosada+95 »

True, alcohol can ruin people's lives. However, is that a valid excuse to defend the legalization of marijuana? And if marijuana were legalized would the use of other more dangerous drugs increase?
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count

Post by Loveabull »

To me tobacco is nastier than weed. And I was a smoker for a looooong time, now the smell of a cigarette is really bad. Cigars we won't even talk about. I would also argue not too many people die from baked driving...I enjoy drinking to excess but I don't drive or beat anyone under the influence...I haven't smoked herb for about thirty years but I still believe it's the lesser of the evils of recreational chemicals...legalize it already. If you have a medical condition that it can lessen the symptoms of it can be a lifesaver. There are too many people in the US that could be leading productive lives...not rotting in jail over minor possession charges. There the old fart has said her piece... 8)
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Everyone can buy pot if he wants it...it's completely useless not to legalize it because in the facts it's used by millions people around the world, in all the countries: legalized or not. I think we should start to argue from this point...
I'm for legalization of all drugs but we should give to our boys that they don't need to take in those to be cool or to fun! this is the big problem: we're not values to avoid these behaviours, in young and adult people too!
I personally think that we should pass the message that alcool, cigarettes, weed, cocaine etc. bring you to a loser life. This is the issue: who drinks or smoke is not happier than who doesn't!
Loveabull

Post by Loveabull »

Adding in another thought...in the US, you can buy cigarettes at 18, you can get married at 18, join the armed services and get shot at for your country at 18...for most practical purposes you are now an adult...you cannot legally drink an alcoholic beverage in any form until you are 21. Does anyone see the sad irony in this? It doesn't make sense to me.
juicyfruitsxoxo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juicyfruitsxoxo.html

Post by juicyfruitsxoxo »

Yes, especially marijuana.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

:lol: :lol:
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I saw on the news that they legalized MJ in Colorado. I didnt hear all the details but I guess you can buy it over the counter.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
ginarosada+95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginarosada-95.html

Post by ginarosada+95 »

Yes, they did legalize marijuana in Colorado and about 97 people died of overdose on the first day.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Holy cow! I think that should tell us something about that crap.
Loveabull

Post by Loveabull »

ginarosada+95 wrote:Yes, they did legalize marijuana in Colorado and about 97 people died of overdose on the first day.
Oh dear gawd I'm walking into a minefield...um...you can't overdose on marijuana...really it's rather impossible.

Now you could die of lung cancer from smoking it I suppose. Or it can trigger latent mental issues in some people and somebody might get really baked and kill themselves in some way or at least end up somewhere for observation...or if it's laced with something nasty like angel dust...dust makes people do incredibly stupid things...or if you concentrated THC weed's active ingredient to a lethal dose...but that would take some doing, certainly not a simple thing to do especially if you're stoned...

But no you really cannot die of an overdose of unadulterated marijuana
Now I rilly want to make some brownies... :twisted:

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”