What Do You Put On Your Subway?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
michystar12
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michystar12.html

What Do You Put On Your Subway?

Post by michystar12 »

When I go to Subway, I always order the Soup Combo. I choose the Broccoli Cheddar Soup and a 9-Grain Oat half inch sub. It is a ham sub with American cheese (toasted) for toppings I put lettuce, spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, and avocado. What do you guys put?
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Subway is a little different here. It's so expensive, so I don't go much.
Last time, I think I got something like a shrimp and avocado sub. It was basically just some smashed up avocado and a few pieces of shrimp. I put as much on it as they will allow me without charging extra, with is basically just lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, and 2 black olive slices. Oh, and wasabi mayonnaise.
It's not very good.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt

Post by Bighuey »

The works. I like it dripping and coming apart at the seams. I like most of the choices, but the veggie one is my favorite.

Here in Mexico they have what they call a torta. Its kind of like a Subway, but better. They have beef or pork or tripe. All are good. They put mayo on the bread and fry it and they have avacado and cheese and all kinds of sauces to put on it.Gooood and Goood for ya.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by suzy1124 »

Prefer other types of bread than Subway offers, but here's my " formula " for a tasty sandwich....

bread : seeded rye, baguette, pumpernickel, whole wheat, sourdough ciabatta roll, condiments : mustard, mayo or miracle whip, Russian dressing, capers, lettuce and tomato, ch. red onions, gherkins, sauce remoulade, srirachi sauce, ch. garlic, then pile the meat on!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Bighuey wrote:The works. I like it dripping and coming apart at the seams. I like most of the choices, but the veggie one is my favorite.

Here in Mexico they have what they call a torta. Its kind of like a Subway, but better. They have beef or pork or tripe. All are good. They put mayo on the bread and fry it and they have avacado and cheese and all kinds of sauces to put on it.Gooood and Goood for ya.
That sounds so good to me! Coming apart at the seams! YUM!

I used to eat at a place called Lenny's. The sandwiches were bigger and always falling apart, with this spicy pepper relish on it. OMG, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 8)
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

There was a place in Salt Lake called Grinders 13. They had big sloppy meat sandwiches of all different kinds. We lived in Sandy, about 15 miles from the Salt Lake location but it was worth the drive for a sandwich. My favorite was pastrami dripping with oil and sauces and all kinds of yummy cholestoral.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Pastrami! yes yes yes!, Corned beef even better!..............nuttin beats a Reuben!

I miss the NYC Delis!...mile high fatty/greasy meat sandwiches, knockwurst, knishes, matzo ball soup, sour garlic pickles that make your whole body PUCKER!

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I got to go to town, Im hungry for a torta. Im out of here, the forum is acting up. Maybe it will be better later. Bye.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

it's acting up for me too!, enjoy your Torta !

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Hi Suzy. I didnt have a torta, its a bit of a walk to the best torta stand and my foot isnt up to speed yet. But I did have a couple omelet tacos at a place next to the bank where I had to go.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

I think a messy sandwich is on my to eat list when I visit my family for thanksgiving next month. Yeah, it's October here already! 1pn
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Messy sandwiches are the best. There was a place in Utah called Brand X burgers that had hamburgers about 6 inches thick dripping with grease and sauces, you needed a bib to eat one.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:

Post by ALynnPowers »

Bighuey wrote:Messy sandwiches are the best. There was a place in Utah called Brand X burgers that had hamburgers about 6 inches thick dripping with grease and sauces, you needed a bib to eat one.
I'd probably use a fork in that case. Hahaha... 8)
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

A fork was a good idea. Or even a spoon.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Speaking of Thanksgiving, hard to top a " Turkey Reuben " w/all the leftovers...
I always make sure I have a good seeded Rye, and some Swiss cheese , preferably " Gruyere "..
A tad of cranberry sauce is good too, along w/chopped sweet Vidalia onion...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”