Do you like your name/Why

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
sissybear
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sissybear.html

Do you like your name/Why

Post by sissybear »

I was talking to one of my friends and she was telling me that she dint like her name because it got her bulled :( for me I do and don't like my name; because I did get bulled some about my name :( but not a lot because it's a very popular name :)
Mary888
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary888.html

Post by Mary888 »

Hi,i'm new here.I read that a few minutes ago that i have to make a few posts on the forum until my post count reaches 5, and then choose my first free book,but i have no idea how to make a post.Can you please help me with that?
sissybear

Post by sissybear »

All you have to do is go to the Forum Home, click on "General Book & Reading Discussion" and then on top of the "Announcements" click New Topic.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

To be honest my first name I really don't like but of course I accepted it as it's the name my parents bestowed upon me and it's also my grandmothers name. Hardly anybody knows it though. My husband didn't learn my real name until one day while we were dating, he was at the house and I guess I got on my moms bad side because he heard her yell Patricia Ann Donner and he looked around and asked who is Patricia? :lol: Totally ruined my mom yelling at me, we all busted out laughing.
sissybear

Post by sissybear »

My grandmother's name is Patricia Ann too but most people just call her pat.
pattygirl249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pattygirl249.html

Post by pattygirl249 »

My name is also Patricia Ann, I've also accepted it but always wished to have something a bit more unique. I wished my mom, who is Korean, would've given me a nice Korean name like my sister Ummi, which killed me when she ended up changing her name to Linda.
sissybear

Post by sissybear »

Wow I guess Patricia Ann is a very popular name........I can't blame anyone who name their kids Patricia Ann, because I think it's a gorgeous name. But because it's such an popular name I wouldn't name my kid that so I can understand what you mean "pattygirl249"
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Never liked my " given " name, so i use the one my kidlets gave me...they said i looked more like a " SUZY "...sooo i use my nickname!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
sissybear

Post by sissybear »

I think that name, it's so warm and fuzzy :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I never gave any great thought to my name, it is what it is. Having good Catholic parents we are all named after Catholic saints, mostly one associate with the day or month we were born in. I have a rather long surname so I tend to go with Fran instead of the full Frances to make life a bit simpler, otherwise you tend to run out of space on forms etc
A friend of mine married a guy whose surname has 13 letters & she always felt she had to select very short first names for her kids to compensate for the long surname.

@TrishaAnn
Likewise, when I heard my full given name being called I knew I was in deep doodah & it was time to start preparing the case for the defence! :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count

Post by Loveabull »

Growing up I hated my name. I went to school with mostly Italian Catholic kids so Leslie was not a common name. I wanted to be named Maria or something that fit in. I was also a bookish nerd with glasses and mild LD...popular wasn't in the cards for me even if I had been named Mary Margarita. As I got older I learned to appreciate having a unique name much more.
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

@TrishaAnn
Likewise, when I heard my full given name being called I knew I was in deep doodah & it was time to start preparing the case for the defence! :lol:[/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!

Fran i see 've had great practice as a " debater "... :wink:

L.B., i just don't see you as a " Leslie"at all...pretty name but imo it's just not YOU...

my middle name is even worse...Sooo dorky, recently i asked my mother : " what were you thinking ? :roll:

-- 08 Feb 2014, 14:53 --
sissybear wrote:I think that name, it's so warm and fuzzy :D :D :D :D :D :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAW sissybear, thanks so very much ( if ya meant me ) :)
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
sissybear

Post by sissybear »

Yes I did mean you suzy1124.
Jasper
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasper.html
Latest Review: "The River Way Home" by Mary E. Dawson
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jasper »

I liked my name until "Twilight" became a sensation. It's Jasper K.S.

Even though it's ended, I still have females who say "I want to call you Jasper Hale" or "Oh my God it's a Cullen!" "Major Whitlock!". My physical features are pretty close to that character, but that only made me chop all my hair off. I'm finally letting it grow back.
Latest Review: "The River Way Home" by Mary E. Dawson
Ant
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Not really given much thought to "liking my name" or not, it's just a name, I've learnt to live with it!
I know exactly what you mean about being in the doo dah, if my mother shouted "Antony" I knew I was in trouble, otherwise everyone I've ever known calls me Tony. :D

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”