Do You make Lists?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Paulie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do You make Lists?

Post by Paulie »

Yes, or how would I know what to do next? I have apps to remember when the bills are due, when the next task is due, and all appointments. I have sticky notes apps, and bug me until I do it tasks, and tasks that popup, email, and sms to remind me of something or other that I have to do.

My phone is now my brain! :lol:
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I think stores have gremlins who throw stuff in your cart when youre not looking. I try to catch the little buggers, but when I turn around they are never there. :cry:
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

My lists are out of control today! Getting ready for a trip quadruples the number of lists needed!
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

IMO, lists are more " telling " re a person's life than a Diary...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ylisa7
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

ALynnPowers wrote:My lists are out of control today! Getting ready for a trip quadruples the number of lists needed!
Have a good trip.

-- 22 Nov 2014, 08:45 --
suzy1124 wrote:IMO, lists are more " telling " re a person's life than a Diary...
Now that is a scary thought. My lists are all over and all different. They are almost as scary as my dreams. Really I think people could be locked up and have the key thrown away from some of our dreams. lol. Must be all the crazy books I read :wink:
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

One day a long time ago, I was shocked to realize how shallow /inane my " to do " list was...
I WAS LITERALLY SHOCKED INTO REALITY...it was a real eye-opener re " who I was " and what I was about...

I've always taught my kids: "Always remember that one's life is like a movie, you write the script, produce and direct it, etc., so don't complain if it's not to your liking...and here I was not following my own advice...

From that day on I've made a conscious effort to keep things in " perspective ".............( I don't always succeed ), but " mindfulness " has held me in good stead through out the years...

Look at your " to do " list, are you pleased w/your " priorities ? "...is that how you REALLY want to spend your time ?

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ylisa7
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>

Post by ylisa7 »

Oh yeah…it is all too easy for people to fall into ruts. My to do lists can be pretty wild or like my grocery lists pretty lame, lol.

Enjoy life to the fullest and make sure you are happy so you have no regrets. I can honesty say I have no regrets because I love my life. If one thing changed in my past then I wouldn't have my today.
Oscar Wilde

理沙
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Yesss!................. I think it was Marcel Proust who said : " We are a sum total of all of our experiences "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ylisa7

Post by ylisa7 »

Morning suzy.

suzy1124 wrote:Yesss!................. I think it was Marcel Proust who said : " We are a sum total of all of our experiences "

We are but it's also how we choose to remember and use our experiences. I remember the good and get rid of any bad. Some people sadly dwell on all the bad.
Oscar Wilde

理沙
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Yup! " half full vs. half empty " says it all...

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

My lists tell me that I have no memory and I have to write anything down if I want to get it done.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Wait till ya get my age!...ya think you're forgetful now?....( it seems to start out quite young when you go to another room and can't remember WHAT you went there for ) :lol: :?

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ylisa7

Post by ylisa7 »

Alynn…just wait. It only gets worse like suzy said, lol. How many times do you walk into a room, stand there like a fool, and say "what did I come in here for"?
Oscar Wilde

理沙
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....morning ylisa!...how's the drywall coming along ?

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ylisa7

Post by ylisa7 »

suzy1124 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: ....morning ylisa!...how's the drywall coming along ?
Morning suzy…

Oh happy happy joy joy…not, lol. Eh…we got sanding done yesterday then we went for a boat ride with our neighbors which was nice. Spackling today. I hope we can finish these darned walls by the end of the week. It will be nice to get to the painting :)

Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving?
Oscar Wilde

理沙

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”