How You Can Help Promote these Forums

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
C0ldf1re
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How You Can Help Promote these Forums

Post by C0ldf1re »

Tell everybody you know that the Smugglers Arms gives a free drink to every new customer who tells a joke at the bar. :lol:
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
pri012345

Post by pri012345 »

This the only forum i enjoy being a part of. Why don't you add a few social plugins ?
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

pri012345 wrote:This the only forum i enjoy being a part of. Why don't you add a few social plugins ?
With a post-count of 8... And you're a conny-sewer already! :lol:

Social plugins slow down a forum... As if it wasn't slow enough already at times! :D
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
C0ldf1re wrote:
pri012345 wrote:This the only forum i enjoy being a part of. Why don't you add a few social plugins ?
With a post-count of 8... And you're a conny-sewer already! :lol:

:D

" conny-sewer ? "... :lol: :lol: :lol: heeeheheeeee
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Might aswell change the name to Facebook while we're at it .... no way, there has to be at least one refuge left :twisted:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Amen! 8)

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Good Lord, I hope it dosent go the way of Crapbook. Now that would be a disaster.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Yes. I am an official FaceCrook despiser too! :D
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

C0ldf1re wrote:Yes. I am an official FaceCrook despiser too! :D

Count me in!.............if ya need THAT for a " social life " you beeze in serious twubble :roll: ...i'd rather be LYNCHED by a WILD MOB

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

suzy1124 wrote:

Count me in!.............if ya need THAT for a " social life " you beeze in serious twubble :roll: ...i'd rather be LYNCHED by a WILD MOB
A bit extreme. For every show-off trying to portray the image of a bubbly social life and cool persona, there are a lot of users, myself included, who think it is a good way of keeping in touch. I have mates abroad or in other parts of the country whom I would never get the chance to catch up with were it not for the weekly Facebook chats or pictures, its a good thing that way.
You only live once.....so live!
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

StephenKingman wrote:
suzy1124 wrote:
A bit extreme... a lot of users, myself included, who think it is a good way of keeping in touch...
Sure. Social media fills a gap for keeping in touch where letters, emails, and phone calls don't quite suit. But is FaceCrook the best choice? All my serious and worthwhile friends or business contacts seem to prefer Twitter, Google+, and/or LinkedIn. It isn't necessarily easy to define quite why, but I do agree with them. My FaceCrook account is only there for those few distant family members who don't know or care that there are better options than FaceCrook.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Well, nobody writes letters anymore for a start! Not unless you are over 50 anyway. As for Facebook, its still a popular method of keeping in touch between like minded people. I personally would never use Linked In as its more of a professional website than an informal "chat between mates" website and Facebook is great for seeing the holiday pictures of people you dont see much after they move away, have kids etc. Facebook and email are certainly lifesavers for me when it comes to maintaining friendships and it can be done once or twice a week and not the usual sad "I just had a burger, please like me" posts from emotionally empty people..
You only live once.....so live!
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

StephenKingman wrote:Well, nobody writes letters anymore for a start! Not unless you are over 50 anyway...
Yes. It must be over ten years since I have seen a letter on paper individually written by a human, excepting, of course, lawyers' formal letters... And one abusive and anonymous letter complaining about the dog!

It has been about the same length of time since I have sent or received anything handwritten, other than postcards, or birthday or Christmas cards.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Its been ages since I wrote a letter. Even before e mail I usually called on the phone people I wanted to communicate with. Or with my mom and dad after I was married, we sent cassette tapes back and forth and even before cassette tapes came out, we sent reel-to-reel tapes. A lot easier.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I miss pens, stationery, the act of " writing " ( i still prefer Fountain pens over ball-point ) but for what? writing out checks ?...the smell of the paper, the ink, and of course checking the mail-box w/great anticipation...ALL GONE :cry:

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”