What made you miserable today?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Ella
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What made you miserable today?

Post by Ella »

Loveabull......if it has to snow I am glad you are home!! For us it's the storm that wasn't. Since the beginning of the week the weather gods have been saying 6-12 inches; as of this morning we'll be lucky to get a dusting. I can't tell you what a relief!! Enjoy it from under a cozy blanket, and fingers crossed it's the last one!
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

Eight below here this am. Supposed to get up to fourteen. Whoopee Ding!!
Ant
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Unbloodybelievable. Went to a book fair the weekend and happened to come across "Apple of my Eye" Helene Hanff.
50p! So I thought I'd give it a go. Yes you've guessed it, 10 sodding pages missing. :evil:

-- Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:21 pm --

R.I.P. Sam McAughtry
Geneen Karstens

I am sick and tired of wintery weather!! It's gray and gloomy and the wind is out of the north! Now "they" tell us to expect our winters to get worse!! I might as well live in Alaska!
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

And they talk about global warming. Global cooling is more like it. I read an article a while back that said we might be heading for another ice age.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Geneen Karstens

Bighuey wrote:And they talk about global warming. Global cooling is more like it. I read an article a while back that said we might be heading for another ice age.
I'm sure the planet goes through changes and with all of the bomb testing and stupid things we humans have done, I'm sure it doesn't help. But our news media here in Minnesota has dubbed this the Worst Winter Ever..it is among the worst..and it looks like another year without spring. I hear Mexico had an earthquake...was it in your vicinity?
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Weather patterns change over the years. Forests can become deserts and vice versa. Probably bombs and pollution dont help either.

The earthquake was in the Federal District near Mexico city. Thats quite a ways from where I live. We get a few rumbles here sometimes, but nothing serious so far. California has had the worst drought since the Gold Rush days. Thats why food costs so much anymore. It seems to me that back in your neck of the woods they have been having more tornados than usual. That would scare me.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Geneen Karstens

We haven't had any in Minnesota..the last one that hit closest to us..10 miles away..was in 1998. There was one casualty..a child who was flung out of a pick up passing through the area. They never should have kept driving. Some of them..like Missouri..came on so fast they could not warn people in time. I don't like tornados or blizzards but I don't like hurricanes or earthquakes either. This fracking they're doing seems to me is causing earthquakes. They force water deep underground where it has to affect the fault lines. And the way they are ruining the farm land by digging up silica sand is just a sin. I don't understand it. They're constantly ruining our planet.
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

The wind and my allergies. Plus my dog was sick and my dad as well.
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

My family came to visit me for the weekend and they left today.
anomalocaris
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anomalocaris.html
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier

Post by anomalocaris »

Not a darn thing. Spent yesterday on the rattlesnake den, and suspect allergy-triggered bronchitis is going to be my payback for skipping out on research to play hooky on the den, but I can live with that!
You can't put a rope around the neck of an idea.
--Vol. Bobby Sands
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

My husband started watching Under the Dome without me. :x
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I've been meaning to watch that...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ash_lethal

Post by ash_lethal »

Miserable? That's an awful word. I don't allow anything to make me miserable! There is way too much in this world to be happy about and thankful for......who has time to be miserable?!
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

8) yessss!!!............... 8)
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”