Guilty Pleasures

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
KaeMartyndale
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KaeMartyndale »

saracen77 wrote:Ok, my really really biggest worst guilty pleasure...

Line dancing.

I know. I will hang up my boots in shame.... But it keeps me fit, I tell you it's good for me!

*Crawls back under my rock now*
Don't be ashamed! I've always wanted to try line dancing, but I'm not good at just picking up dances. I've never been to lessons or anything, which I'm sure would help... but when we go to the country bar and they all start line dancing, my friend just joins in and picks it up like that. I just walk away looking very confused. I much prefer two stepping, because its not a different dance for each song. And, if you have a good male lead, all you have to do is be lead. I like that!
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I don't know what my guilty pleasures are. It's hard to think of guilty pleasures because it's hard to be pleased when I'm feeling guilty.

I suppose candy is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love gummy candies, like gummy bears or gummy worms. If I have them, I usually won't stop eating them until they are all gone. :lol:
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

Scott Hughes wrote:I don't know what my guilty pleasures are. It's hard to think of guilty pleasures because it's hard to be pleased when I'm feeling guilty.

I suppose candy is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love gummy candies, like gummy bears or gummy worms. If I have them, I usually won't stop eating them until they are all gone. :lol:
Oh I use to love gummy worms (sour) to be exact, but I would eat the whole little pouch and I got really sick one time :shock: , so I've cut back on my gummies quite a bit...if my bro's or Bob and Budster have some then I will sneek a few from them :wink:
saracen77

Post by saracen77 »

Erasmus_Folly wrote:I have one that I have always thought of as a 'guilty pleasure'. I enjoy watching the film The Posiden Adventure. The first one, not the remake. I have seen it maybe 40 times. I don't know why, it is really pretty corny.
I love that film! Shelly Winters swimming, and Gene Hackman saving the day! What more could you ask for in a film?
KaeMartyndale wrote:Don't be ashamed! I've always wanted to try line dancing, but I'm not good at just picking up dances. I've never been to lessons or anything, which I'm sure would help... but when we go to the country bar and they all start line dancing, my friend just joins in and picks it up like that.
I can't just pick it up either, I go to the instructed sessions at our local club. It's good fun, and she goes slowly enough for me to keep up!
KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

saracen77 wrote:
I can't just pick it up either, I go to the instructed sessions at our local club. It's good fun, and she goes slowly enough for me to keep up!
I should try that out sometime, then
awelker

Post by awelker »

hmmm my guilty pleasures. i watch one tree hill which is a pretty good show, i like to read chick lit especially when i need something light to read after being bogged down for the semester, i have an infatuation with office supplies. I have more pens, paper clips, post-its and what then i know what to do with. when i go to a store i have to completely avoid the office supply section because I am bound to buy something that I don't need.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

awelker wrote: i have an infatuation with office supplies. I have more pens, paper clips, post-its and what then i know what to do with. when i go to a store i have to completely avoid the office supply section because I am bound to buy something that I don't need.
I do the same thing. I love to go to Staples and Office Depot and just go crazy. When I was little I LOVED to go back to school shopping. No idea why I like it so much...
“I am not afraid…I was born to do this.” - Joan of Arc
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I too am an office supply junkie, but I refuse to feel guilty about it!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

Me too :) When I was a preschool teacher I couldn't wait to go and buy school supplies for my classroom, especially themes for my room, like the seasons and holidays...so much fun!! :D
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

Star wrote:Me too :) When I was a preschool teacher I couldn't wait to go and buy school supplies for my classroom, especially themes for my room, like the seasons and holidays...so much fun!! :D

Now you're talking! Themes! I love it!

Speaking of Holidays, I get so excited when I have Christmas at my house! I go nuts with decor and planning the food.

I love to plan events! I did all my wedding planning by myself..I love it!
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

dejona84 wrote:
Star wrote:Me too :) When I was a preschool teacher I couldn't wait to go and buy school supplies for my classroom, especially themes for my room, like the seasons and holidays...so much fun!! :D

Now you're talking! Themes! I love it!

Speaking of Holidays, I get so excited when I have Christmas at my house! I go nuts with decor and planning the food.

I love to plan events! I did all my wedding planning by myself..I love it!
Me too!! I still volunteer at the daycare, I also volunteer as the activities coordinator for one of our local nursing homes...I love it!! I have sooo much fun with little children and the elderly alike! Indeed!! Christmas and Halloween I go ALL OUT!! lol :lol: I do spend a weebit more than usual on my Christmas and Halloween decor! I even put lights throughout my whole entire lawn :shock: I love it!! :D
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

Oh and the FOOD!! Indeed! Food is a BIG part of holidays!! We southern girls know how to do it up right!! I'm the Hostess with the mostess :wink:
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

Star wrote:Oh and the FOOD!! Indeed! Food is a BIG part of holidays!! We southern girls know how to do it up right!! I'm the Hostess with the mostess :wink:
Yes we do! Last Christmas my kitchen was overflowing with food. Everyone got seconds and leftovers!
KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

Star wrote: I'm the Hostess with the mostess :wink:
When you come to my house you will always get a cup of tea. But, that's about it! hahaha... I'm the hostess with the Tetley ;)
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

KaeMartyndale wrote:
Star wrote: I'm the Hostess with the mostess :wink:
When you come to my house you will always get a cup of tea. But, that's about it! hahaha... I'm the hostess with the Tetley ;)
Hahaha :lol: Tea and coffee are a must though :)

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”