Worst movie you have ever seen

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Worst movie you have ever seen

Post by Bighuey »

With all the movies made over the last 100 years or, there are some real stinkers out there. What are your worst nominations? Mine was a box set of 100 movies I bought from a mail order outfit for 19.95. Real winners like Vampire Whores From Outer Space, Psycho Sluts From Hell, Slashdance, and other gems. But probably one of the worst single movies I have ever seen was the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Everyone said it was scary and and would give you nightmares and stuff, but I thought it was so stupid it was laughable.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
ahujon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ahujon »

The Island of Dr. Moreau Marlon Brando
Brando has been a part of some of the best movies ever made. Why he was involved in this one escapes me.
The movies he made after Apocalypse Now were unforgettably forgettable. In some of them, he appeared
to be acting in a another movie than his fellow actors. Even though Apocalypse Now was deemed a critical
and commercial success, his involvement was engineered so that he didn't have to be on location any longer
than necessary. Because of his dislike of Dennis Hopper, Hopper was not allowed on the set whenever a scene
with Brando in it was being filmed. Coppola's wife made a documentary of the filming of Apocalypse called
Hearts of Darkness. In it, several of the supporting cast members are interviewed about their perceptions of
the project. It came as no surprise that Lawrence Fishburne, Sam Bottoms, Frederick Forrest, even Martin Sheen,
who had several scenes with Brando, never met Brando. Sheen, who never talked about working with Brando, finally
confessed to an interviewer that he was never formally introduced to Brando. They never shook hands. I think
I just answered my own question. Why was Brando involved in Dr. Moreau? A man's gotta eat, don't he?
This movie is so ugly it would make a freight train take a dirt road.
Gannon
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Hi Dindindin! :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

That was a stupid show. The one with Burt Lancaster was better, but not much. The best one was the 1933 or 34 version with Charles Laughton and Joel McCrea.
Another worse movie was Killers From Space, a 1955 turkey with Peter Graves. About bug-eyed aliens invading the earth. Laughable special effects, the one that got me is at the end where there was a view through a window of of a house of an atom bomb exploding. The shot was taken from a plane, probably 30 or 40 thousand feet in the air. Must have been a real tall house. :lol:
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Gannon wrote:Hi Dindindin! :D
I cant keep up!

As for worst movies, Halloween 5 is up there with one of the worst, also Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is the worst movie I have seen in years. There are loads others..
You only live once.....so live!
triqtaq

Post by triqtaq »

Napoleon Dynamite.... I believe it was pure garbage form start to finish
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

StephenKingman wrote:
Gannon wrote:Hi Dindindin! :D
I cant keep up!

As for worst movies, Halloween 5 is up there with one of the worst, also Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is the worst movie I have seen in years. There are loads others..
I quite liked that movie :)
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

I agree with Fran... Mike you're the only one I know of that didn't like that movie :lol:
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

^ I thought the idea behind the movie was great but the kid just annoyed me so much I ended up hating it, he was a whiny little pest with a tone of voice that would drive you to drink. Tom Hanks was as good as expected but the kid was a disaster.
You only live once.....so live!
becky119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becky119.html
Latest Review: "The Killer" by Jack Elgos

Post by becky119 »

"Lephrachan 4: In Space".....just wow

"The Descent"...turned it off even after everyone started dying, just awful awful movie

"Jeff...Who Lives at Home"...could not keep watching after suffereing through ten minutes

There really are some truly terrible movies out there.
Latest Review: "The Killer" by Jack Elgos
Mister Missouri

Post by Mister Missouri »

Uncle Sam. Typical ultra hokey horror movie. The only thing that left a lasting impression was that, when Uncle Sam is hit with a cannon ball and blown across the screen, you can distinctly see him being towed through the air by a harness.

-- 11 Aug 2012, 18:02 --
Bighuey wrote:Psycho Sluts From Hell
You don't say?
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Mister Missouri wrote:Uncle Sam. Typical ultra hokey horror movie. The only thing that left a lasting impression was that, when Uncle Sam is hit with a cannon ball and blown across the screen, you can distinctly see him being towed through the air by a harness.

-- 11 Aug 2012, 18:02 --
Bighuey wrote:Psycho Sluts From Hell
You don't say?
Believe it or not, that was the title. There were some real dandies in that set, Las Vegas Bloodbath, Shower of Blood and other appetizers.
ahujon

Post by ahujon »

Rocky II through (whatever number the last one was --XV?). I saw the first one when it came out--actually liked it.
I've seen parts of others inadvertantly--YouTube usually. Ugh. They are what they are. Everyone involved had
a guaranteed payday for quite awhile. Easy money. Talia Shire and Burgess Meredith were much better actors
than what "Rocky" allowed them to be. Stallone? Lots better director than actor.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

The first two Rockys were pretty good. The ones that came after that were complete garbage, not worth wasting money on. Not even in a 50 cent box at a yard sale.
Evernyte

Post by Evernyte »

Skid row slasher meets the Hollywood strangler - It's a love story, at one point a girl looks up at the strangler, while being strangled and says what are you doing?? An example of the strong writing :)

Vampires vs Zombies - If it didn't happen mostly during the daylight, even the nude scenes couldn't save this one.

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter - It has music and a Mexican wrestler. Tag line is " Vampires don't fear the sun but only the son of god!" or close enough.

Sharktopus is better than these winners.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”