Quotes from obscure movie/TV shows.

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 4856

Re: Quotes from obscure movie/TV shows.

Post by Maud Fitch »

They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're all together ooky, the Addams Family.
Their house is a museum, when people come to see-em, they really are a scre-um, the Addams Family.
So get a witch's shawl on, a broomstick you can crawl on, we're going to make a call on, the Addams Family. . .

. . .And then everyone in the living room would click their fingers!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

"What you talkin' bout, Willis?" -Different Strokes
"Set sail in a general.....THAT WAY direction" - Jack Sparrow
" Ha! Nothing makes one so vain as being told one is a sinner!" - Brian Slade - Velvet Goldmine
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return" -Christian - Moulin Rouge
"You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness." - The Mad Hatter
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

"She's not one of us" Tod Browning's Freaks.
"Stay close to the ground until you get used to it" King of the Rocketmen.
"Thats OK, you still have another nut." Lee Marvin in The Big Red One.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Teesie

Post by Teesie »

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

"You can take Salem out of the country, but you cant take the country out of Salem." Salem cigarette commercial.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
georgelander29

Post by georgelander29 »

Hi, thanks for sharing, my favorite quotes is never surrender never give up.
pi_r_round

Post by pi_r_round »

"Can you hear me??!! Well, I can hear YOU!! And so can the cowards who helped knock down these buildings. We will NEVER forget, and we will NEVER give up, I promise you." President Bush addressing the FDNY and NYPD
who had been working non-stop looking for survivors in the rubble of the World Trade Center.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

This is the city. Los Angeles California. I work here. I carry a badge.
Tralala
Favorite Author: Hubert Selby Jr.
Favorite Book: Retro Hell
fav_author_id: 2789

Post by Tralala »

Nowhere:
It's almost two in the morning and in the past 18 hours, I've seen four people get abducted by a space alien, watched Ducky trying to drown himself, and spent like 387 bucks on CD's at Erin's.
It's like we all know way down in our souls that our generation is going to witness the end of everything. You can see it in our eyes. It's in mine, look. I'm doomed. I'm only 18 years old and I'm totally doomed.
Lucifer, you are so dumb you should donate your brain to a monkey science fair.

Pi:
Failed treatments to date: Beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, adrenalin injections, high dose ibuprofen, steroids, Trager Mentastics, violent exercise, cafergot suppositories, caffeine, acupuncture, marijuana, Percodan, Midrine, Tenormin, Sansert, homeopathics. No results. No results...
9:22, Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood.

Spider Baby:
I caught a big fat bug right in my spider web and now the spider gets to give the bug a big sting. Sting! Sting! Sting! Sting! Sting!

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!:
Women! They let 'em vote, smoke and drive - even put 'em in pants! And what happens? A Democrat for president!
You girls a bunch of nudists or are you just short of clothes?
How perfectly goddamned delightful it all is, to be sure.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

"No woman can do a man's job." John Wayne in The Lawless Nineties.

Ladies, I just want you to know I did not say that. I put this disclaimer in so you girls wont tar and feather me or sugar my gas tank or poison my dog.
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

You remind me of the man. "what man?" The man with the power."What power?" The power of voodoo. "Who do?" You do. "Do what?" Remind me of the man...
- The Millionaire And The Bobbysocker I do believe..
Later turned to a skit from Labyrinth.

"You could never be a vegetable because artichokes have hearts."
- Amelie

Maverick: see that hawk? Know what it means?
Annabelle: no what does it mean?
Maverick: nothing. But you didn't know that did you?
-maverick.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Ant
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Peter Sellers going up to the guy outside the hotel, the guy has a dog sat next to him. Sellers asks "Does your dog bite?"
"No" came the reply.
Sellers bends down to stroke the dog and the dog has his hand.
Pulling away, Sellers says "I thought you said your dog don't bite"
"That's not my dog" he replies. :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Ant wrote:Peter Sellers going up to the guy outside the hotel, the guy has a dog sat next to him. Sellers asks "Does your dog bite?"
"No" came the reply.
Sellers bends down to stroke the dog and the dog has his hand.
Pulling away, Sellers says "I thought you said your dog don't bite"
"That's not my dog" he replies. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Love that one .... Ok it's gone midnight & I've been at the red wine :lol: :lol: :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Fiddler.....

Perchik: money is the world's curse.
Tevye: may the lord smite me with it and may I never recover.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Tralala
Favorite Author: Hubert Selby Jr.
Favorite Book: Retro Hell
fav_author_id: 2789

Post by Tralala »

Bighuey wrote:"No woman can do a man's job." John Wayne in The Lawless Nineties.

Ladies, I just want you to know I did not say that. I put this disclaimer in so you girls wont tar and feather me or sugar my gas tank or poison my dog.
You didn't SAY it, but you did post it. I would never poison your dog, though.

not too obscure, but SLC Punk:
I rest my case on this: In a country of lost souls rebellion comes hard. But in a religiously oppressive city, where half its population isn't even of that religion, it comes like fire. (Steve-o)
Satan is in the house, he killed my Mom and turned her into a bull! (Sean, after a minor acid mishap)
How perfectly goddamned delightful it all is, to be sure.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”