Can you hear me?

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Jessa24
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... gonsong</a>
Currently Reading: Lost Voices
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessa24.html

Can you hear me?

Post by Jessa24 »

I was just sitting here feeling just so desolate and miserable, I started thinking about God, and whether or not he knew I was in pain. Even though I wasn't praying, or even thinking about him while I was wallowing in my hurt. The scriptures say he knows every tear we shed, and it made me think, what about when we're not crying, but just as deeply hurt? I do know in my heart that he does know. He knows every struggle I ever have. I trust that. But in my hurt, these were the thoughts I had.

Do you see my silent anguish,
Do you hear my unuttered plea?
When no one else can see me languish.
Are you aware of me?

I read the Psalms and I say my prayers,
And I know your love is true.
But when I keep secret all my cares,
Do you know what I'm going through?

I know you remember the tears I cry,
and what each one was for.
But do you know the pain when my eyes are dry
Do you feel it even more?

When I'm just sitting here, on my own,
Not even thinking of you.
Are you thinking of me when I feel alone,
Are my thoughts what you're listening to?

This torture is too much for me
But not too much for you.
Will you come now, will you hear my plea?
Will you carry this burden too?

I know not everyone is religious or feels the same way about Jehovah as I do, I respect that. I hope you can respect me too considering the content of what I wrote and the poem. Thank you. <3
La Vie en Rose
Currently Reading: I, My Ancestor
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by La Vie en Rose »

I think your poem is authentic. I can feel the yearning in your words. I am a Christian as well, and I am going through a painful experience right now. Someone reminded me of the verse "This too, shall pass" and that gives me great hope. I know weeping lasts for the night, but joy comes in the morning. Remember that He sees every sparrow that falls, and you are far more valuable to Him than all the sparrows in the world. I believe that when a Christian grieves, Jesus is grieving right along with us.

God bless you, and thank you for sharing your writing. That's a courageous act, to put forth your heart cries into the world.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”