Official Review: The Great Mistake by Daniel T. Bailey

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
carsonwest
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carsonwest.html
Latest Review: "The Great Mistake" by Daniel T. Bailey

Official Review: The Great Mistake by Daniel T. Bailey

Post by carsonwest »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Great Mistake" by Daniel T. Bailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"The Great Mistake" By Daniel T. Bailey is a collection of poems. In these poems, the narrator describes the events that have taken place in his life, and the relationships he has formed and broken with people. He speaks primarily of a woman who he is infatuated with.

I would give this book a 3 out of 4 stars, because it was very interesting, and interested me in finding out the narrators story. The poems alone give away very little, but the book challenges the reader to read between the lines, and understand the true meaning of what the poems are saying.

The poems themselves are very well written, each telling its own individual story, which slowly reveals more and more about the narrators life. This is a surprisingly good way to tell the story. I did not feel that I would be so intrigued by poems when I began reading the book, but I found myself eagerly anticipating each poem as the previous one came to a close.

However, I found several things I did not enjoy in this book including the fact that several of the poems were slightly choppy. When I read a poem, I expected it to roll off of my tongue. However, in several places in this book I found myself having to go back and re-read a certain passage, because of the fact that the language and rhymes used were not at all smooth.

I feel that this book is definitely worth reading, but only if you are interested in poetry. If you are not, you may find that you do not understand what is happening in some of the passages. However, if you are interested in poetry, or collections of it, then this book is definitely right for you. It combines rhyming with romance, as well as a touch of mystery, which comes when the reader begins to try and put all the poems together to discover the whole picture of the book.

So, to summarize my opinions, I would say that I would recommend this book to most people, so long as they could put up with the occasional twist of the tongue. I would also recommend it to people who are exceedingly good at making inferences and putting together the whole picture. If the person who is interested in this book does not meet the aforementioned characteristics, I would advise them to make sure that they would be truly interested in the book, and not just be looking for a quick read.

The Great Mistake
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like carsonwest's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Great Mistake" by Daniel T. Bailey
lady
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by lady »

A lover of poetry and intrigued title. Poetry speaks from the heart of life experiences which at times can offer change .
Each entry is reflected either a lesson or blessing.
The writer expressed emotions and reflection upon a greater life lesson

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”