The Seven Streams: Book Review

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

The Seven Streams: Book Review

Post by dhwanis »

The first look of The Seven Streams is quite calming. The book cover is such that it invites the reader in. Now coming to the story line, the author has taken a story from Indian Mythology that many Indians would be aware of. But, he weaves it in such a way that it looks plausible. The story is king Bhagirath’s journey and the efforts that he takes to bring Gangaa to the Earth. Through the book, the reader knows that Bhagirath is set out to achieve the impossible, so we tend to flip the pages to know what is going to happen next!
The pace of the story is perfect. There is a feel of adventure and the readers are constantly on their heels as to what is going to happen. The characters are all beautifully crafted. Even those who are not human i.e. the gods, the kiratas and many more have distinct traits and they behave accordingly.
The best part of this book is the visual imagery. Reading this book feels as though the author is showing us a movie, the words jump out and form larger than life picture in the minds of its readers. Not just the characters, but the scene setting and overall narration made the overall reading of this book a pleasure.
This book is an interesting mix of action, adventure, science fiction, and mythology. If you like any of these genres, be sure to pick this one out.
My Rating:
Cover: 4 out of 4
Story: 3.5 out of 4
Characters: 4 out of 4
Pace: 3.5 out of 4
Overall: A perfect 4 out of 4
CZCampbell
Currently Reading: Nighthawk: Sons of de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czcampbell.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CZCampbell »

It is a special sort of book when you can see it as a movie. Although I am not usually drawn to books such as this, your review has me looking into it!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Return to “Historical Fiction”