A June Wedding By Emily Murdoch

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

A June Wedding By Emily Murdoch

Post by Birdlady1950 »

A Regency Romance

STORY-LINE A JUNE WEDDING BY EMILY MURDOCH:

A June Wedding follows Victoria Walsingham and Isaac Quinn, the son of the Duke of Daventry. Victoria and Isaac, raised as neighbors, played and romped their childhood away together; later she fell in love with Isaac. When Isaac informs her he can never marry her because of her station, her heart's broken.

Victoria suddenly finds herself in demand when her brother inherits the title of Earl of Cheshire. She goes from poor to wealthy over night. After a season in London, she returns to her country home to find an invitation to Isaac's wedding. However, Isaac and Victoria can not stay away from each other; he manages to break her heart anew each time they meet.

Will these two ever find happiness together or are they destined to remain apart? Can love conquer all? My reviews for romance novel, A June Wedding, follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Emily Murdoch created a multi-faceted character in Isaac. I ran a gauntlet of emotions for him. I found I wanted to shake him until his eyes rolled in his head and other times I wanted to slap him silly. Then he would be sweet and I was cheering for him. I did not care for his character at all as the book began, however, I found as Murdoch revealed more of her story, I came to understand him. In a time period of arranged marriages for family, wealth, and social/political position, Isaac was typical of the time. Murdoch matured his character as the story progressed as she did Victoria; her character is strong and has moral fiber, but little patience with Isaac's determination to marry another.

In concluding my reviews for romance novel, A June Wedding, I found the pacing steady and smooth and the plotting seamless as Murdoch takes the reader from one scene to another. The romance is sweet and clean as Murdoch matures her characters. I could feel Victoria's heart ache as she mourns Isaac's decisions. Has she lost her love to another? Also, with a good story-line and talented writing, the author did not need to include graphic sex or fluff to fill the pages. The length of A June Wedding, a regency romance, was just right for an afternoon of relaxing entertainment.

A JUNE WEDDING RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend. I found this regency romance novel suitable for anyone who enjoys a light read which is clean and sweet.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received a copy of this book and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest reviews for romance novel, A June Wedding. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, no one influenced my voluntary reviews for regency romance novel, A June Wedding.

Return to “Historical Fiction”