Official Review: In the Fullness of Time

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Re: Official Review: In the Fullness of Time

Post by ashley_claire »

I was interested in this book the first time I saw it and almost picked it to review myself. It's a topic that I haven't read much historical fiction about. I also grew up in South Carolina, which made me further interested in the history of this book. It's nice to see that the author clearly did a lot of research while writing this book and you were able to trace a lot of things back to their origins. I enjoyed reading your review!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

This seems like an inspiring book with a great message about fighting back and standing up for what you believe, even when times are tough. I have not read the 1st one, but both sound like excellent reads for Women's History Month! Thank you for your review!
skalicia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skalicia.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by skalicia »

Although this isn't the type of book I would typically read it sounds very interesting. I think I would read the first book in the series to get to know the characters more.
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

I read the sample pages provided before reading your review, and I have to agree with you. I am very interested in reading this book. I'm a huge history buff, especially for the WWII era and the years before. I am not big on the more recent history, but the older history when woman's rights were coming into play and even slavery ending as always fascinated me. That is why I am so keen on reading this book. I think your review really hit the spot in discussing this book. Great job on the review.
MKHULEKO WINSTON
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkhuleko-winston.html

Post by MKHULEKO WINSTON »

Nice book this is good work
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Thank you for your review. This definitely sounds like a very well written piece of historical fiction from an era and a cause that I, unfortunately know very little about.
Immaculata Uduma
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculata-uduma.html

Post by Immaculata Uduma »

This is a love story and historical event.It is a good review.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I love historical fiction and love to read about strong women. This book does sound really good and in an eventful era in woman's history is definitely an important time for women, in the workforce, changes in how they are treated and of course the suffragette movement. I like your indepth review! Thanks
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Awesome job on the detailed review! I am a fan of historical-fiction and this book depicts an important time in the struggle for women's rights. Seems like it'll be an inspiring novel to read. :)
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. How much you enjoyed reading this one really comes through. I think that this will be a teriffic addition to the TBR of historical fiction fans everywhere. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

This book seems to cover more than just Women's Suffrage. This also sounds pretty involved in subjects that I find interesting, so I look forward to sampling it!
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Usually historical fiction about the 20's kind of sugarcoats the whole era, telling only about the parties and dancing the charleston and etc, etc.., and don't get me wrong, it's probably actually my favorite period for a historical novel, but it sounds quite refreshing to have a book tell about all the things wrong during that time, since we all know there were plenty of negative things in the 20's, especially for women. Great review!
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3840
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I love historical fiction and when it's done right, it's purely awesome. This sounds like exactly that. Also, an important read right now. Thanks for the great review! Your enjoyment of the book really shined through your words.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

A fictional story finely woven around the 1915 era showing the aftermath of the Civil war, child labor laws and racism. Congrats on being the BOTD..:).
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

I read a historical fiction novel from time to time only because I find that some just don't appeal to me and finding one that really does is rare. But this book definitely hits a lot of spots on my list for me and I have to say I'm intrigued. I also really love the blending of nonfiction elements into this story that really bring it more to life. I honestly can't wait to dive in. Thanks for the great review and congrats to the author on #BOTD

Return to “Historical Fiction”