Official Review: In the Fullness of Time

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Re: Official Review: In the Fullness of Time

Post by bluegreenmarina »

Wow this sounds like a really rich story and fun way to learn about the early part of the last century! I love it when novels flesh out bits of history and make them come alive. Sounds like some very relevant themes to today's times are also present :)
Cjgarland89
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjgarland89.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cjgarland89 »

I haven't read a women's suffrage historical fiction before. You really brought out the importance on the story and got me very interested. Good job on the review.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I always enjoy reading your reviews m
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Tehilah
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tehilah.html

Post by Tehilah »

The book is quite interesting as it gives you a depiction of what a feminist would experience in a world that requires her to balance her beliefs, while still needing to attend to the duties that come with being a woman in a typical American home. It's the first I've seen of its kind and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Just submitted a reply but I wasn't credited. Thanks for the great review. The book is an interesting historical fiction. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

It's always nice to hear how an author successfully incorporates accurate facts into a historical fiction story. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Post by Aldonsa »

I’m sure it is an interesting book to read and learn much about American history and the woman’s suffrage. But I would start reading from the first part of this series so I can understand characters and the plot more. Thank you for the review.
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: In the Fullness of Time', by Catherine P. Stillerman,is a great review, as the theme (women's growth and empowerment) is my favourite one. It discusses the most important points as well as the most trivial points of the book. It excells in concluding ideas about the book. For me, it serves as an idea of history and general awareness.I spent a good time reading it.
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

The condition of women during those days were very miserable. This book is very interesting to read. Thanks for the review
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

These women share a special bond, fight for what they believe in and (spoiler alert for anyone who lives under a rock) eventually succeed in women being able to vote!
Loved the spoiler :D I think that I would really like the character of Alice because, like her, I tend to speak my mind most of the time (if I understood her character from her review). The plot sounds intriguing and it seems like my kinda book. Thanks for an awesome review.
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

This sounds like historical fiction that could prove both enlightening and interesting, blending story with historical events that give life to women's struggle to gain the right to vote. I also appreciate that it will apparently contextualize this struggle with others in this era, including the racial tensions and the effect of WWI.
Nilu arya
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nilu-arya.html

Post by Nilu arya »

Wow ...interesting incredible women based story.Njoyed reading .
cherlyn
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by cherlyn »

This is a very interesting book! I love books with missions :)
Yolanda Denise
Currently Reading: In the Fullness of Time
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yolanda-denise.html

Post by Yolanda Denise »

I am beginning to explore fiction once again after having nonfiction as my first genre choice for so many years. This book could be a way for me to get a taste of well-written historical fiction.

Women's suffrage is something I could definitely learn more about. It'd be interesting to learn more about the range of experiences of the men, from men who bravely supported women's suffrage to those who violently opposed it. I'm surprised that anyone would put their own children at risk over the movement, speaking of the man who threatened to take his and his wife's children away.

Thanks for such a thorough review!
btstaehyungie
Currently Reading: The Thin Blue Li(n)e
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by btstaehyungie »

This is a really good book, though I am not really into historical fiction. However, this is the best historical fiction book I have ever read! :)

Return to “Historical Fiction”