The Viscount's Christmas Temptation By Erica Ridley

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Viscount's Christmas Temptation By Erica Ridley

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE THE VISCOUNT'S CHRISTMAS TEMPTATION:

The Viscount's Christmas Temptation's a clean sweet romance between two independent strong people. Lady Amelia Pembroke manages things, from her brother's household to persuading Viscount Benedict Sheffield his annual Christmas party must go on. For Amelia has decided to choose her future husband from the attendees using Debrett's Peerage. She sets out to manage Lord Benedict Sheffield the way she manages everything, like a tiny general in charge of Her Majesties troops.

After lightning and subsequent fire destroy the ballroom, Sheffield's determined to forgo the Christmas party for much-needed rest and relaxation. Amelia's determined to manage him into changing his mind for she knows all he needs is her to pull off the party.

Grab a seat, get comfortable, and enjoy this short sweet romance. My regency historical romance novel review of The Viscount's Christmas Temptation follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Although a short read of 180 pages, I found I enjoyed this sweet clean romance between two dominate personalities. The writing is clear, clean, and the story-line progresses smoothly. Ridley included all the elements needed to craft an attention holding enjoyable book for an afternoon of reading relaxation.

Ridley created a strong independent woman in Amelia during a time period of woman's repression. Amelia understands the art of controlling and managing people with grace and finesse. Lord Sheffield's character is typical for his time, however as time progresses, he sees Amelia as a sweet determined woman with a loving personality. I enjoyed watching Amelia managing Sheffield, but watch out, Amelia just might find herself managed and maneuvered as well.

Also, the pace of the storyline's on target as it transitions from one scene to another smoothly. Ridley's development of the characters throughout the book's fine. I loved watching these two dance around each other as they came to understand their feelings and each other.

Finally, in concluding my regency historical romance novel review of The Viscount's Christmas Templeton, I found a well-written story-line, believable characters, and sweet clean romance which had no need of sex to satisfy the reader. The book will provide an entertaining afternoon read.

THE VISCOUNT'S CHRISTMAS TEMPTATION RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or friend. I found The Viscount's Christmas Temptation suitable for older teens, young adults, and adults.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest regency historical romance book/novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary regency historical romance novel review.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

This sounds like a sweet, enjoyable read! I enjoy a good, clean romance and will add this one to my to-read list. Thanks for the review!
CZCampbell
Currently Reading: Nighthawk: Sons of de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czcampbell.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CZCampbell »

This is in my wheel-house of books I almost always gravitate towards. Your review makes it sound wonderful and I am a little surprised I have not stumbled upon/Amazon hasn't recommended this book for me before!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

I hope you both enjoy it as much as I did. I have found all of Ridley's books are good.

Return to “Historical Fiction”