Review by animatedwolf3432 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
animatedwolf3432
Currently Reading: Too Far
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animatedwolf3432.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper

Review by animatedwolf3432 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by animatedwolf3432 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yesterday, by Samyann, is a fiction story about love, reincarnation, and history. It focuses on the lives of Amanda Parker and Mark Callahan, two people who meet during a freak accident. Amanda rescues Mark from the hands of death, continuing a journey they both never knew they had been on. The book takes place in modern day Chicago, Illinois, but bounces back to the late 1800s several times.

One thing I know from reading this book is that a lot of research was done! The history involved throughout the story is so well-explained, and put me back in time with the characters. I hadn't known much about Chicago before reading this book, but now I feel like I know quite a lot. Yesterday is factual, but no where near boring. The use of past lives is probably the best tool to make history exciting. Past lives have always been interesting to me, so I was happy to read about that process.

Amanda is a wonderful character. Perfectly flawed, sassy, and curious by nature, she captivated me at once. Then there's Mark: a cop, arrogant in personality, but sweet as a peach. They go together like fire and ice, one to control the other, and vice versa. I loved their connection, and the way they balanced each other. I could definitely feel their emotions; it was like I was right there with them.

Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. I finished the book in about 3 days. The story drew me in from page one, and continued to get better and better with each page. I liked watching Amanda grow, then fall, then grow again. Mark is a strong man, for sticking with her through everything. Most people would walk away, but not him. Samyann did a good job creating realistic characters.

My only complaint is that there wasn't more to read! I wanted to see more of their past lives, especially Mark's. It would have been great to see more of who they used to be, how far back their lives connected. I love stories that go on for a while, so I would not have been disappointed with a little more exploration.

Regardless, I thought Yesterday was fantastic, and I give it 4 out of 4 stars. It was well written, and does not need to be edited. Anyone that loves a good love story will absolutely love this book!

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like animatedwolf3432's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Thank you for such a nice and detailed review of yesterday. I think i will grab a copy of this book and start reading. I generally love most of time travel and past lives involving stories.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”