Maggie Elizabeth Harrington By D. J. Swykert

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Maggie Elizabeth Harrington By D. J. Swykert

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE MAGGIE ELIZABETH HARRINGTON:

Maggie Elizabeth Harrington is a deep tale of growing up, facing life's questions, and protecting what you love. Maggie, growing up in a cooper mining town with her silent father and grandmother questions her life. Facing the death of 4 young wolves slaughtered for bounty, Maggie's decisions change her life. Maggie makes choices which will affect more than herself. The young man she loves will embark on Maggie's mission to save the wolves.

Grab a comfortable seat, my historical novel review of Maggie Elizabeth Harrington follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, AND DEVELOPMENT:

Primarily a historical fiction novel, Maggie Elizabeth Harrington, contains a pungent story of loneliness, growing up, questioning the status quo, environmental and moral issues. Dwykert grabs the reader with historical fact and environmental insight. As many of the same prejudices in regard to wolves/animals exist today, Dwykert's plotting highlights the plight of the wolf and the attitudes of then and now. Consequently, Maggie would be described as an animal rights activist today.

Maggie also faces the prejudice of looking above her station for love in a time period filled with class distinction. As well as questioning the teaching or lack of teachings of the church, Maggie is full of questions. Dwykert filled Maggie Elizabeth Harrington with well-rounded characters, and pacing which holds the readers attention.

In concluding my historical novel review of Maggie Elizabeth, I found a solid story of love, maturing, and animal rights; focusing on the true meaning of the value of life in regard to human or animal.

MAGGIE ELIZABETH HARRINGTON RECOMMENDATION:
STARS 4

I found Maggie Elizabeth Harrington a clean novel suitable for anyone. I look forward to more from D. J. Swykert.

FINALLY PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest historical novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary historical novel review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”