Official Review: The Dancing Barber by AC Michael

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GranPeg
Currently Reading: Once in a Blue Year
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-granpeg.html

Re: Official Review: The Dancing Barber by AC Michael

Post by GranPeg »

Great review as usual. I like that humor as well as some history are in the same book.. I've downloaded it and look forward to reading it. :techie-studyingbrown:
anushreevaishnav18
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Regifted
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by anushreevaishnav18 »

Oh thank you for such a great review.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

This review is awesome! I love to read the book since it talks about Ukraine. My interest of Ukraine started when the political issue on separation from Russia started. I honestly do not have a background about Ukraine and I believe this book will help me a lot.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Fabulous! I'm glad the author made this free for the day- this sounds like a fantastic piece of literature. Little is known about the relationship. Between Russia and Ukraine. I look forward to reading this!
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

AC Michael has succeeded in crating a historical fiction about a man who shows that one can run away from everything but not from ones own self. Beautiffuly written Novel. Congrats on being the BOTD. :)
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Good review! I wanted to read it as soon as I saw the catchy title, but after perusing the review, I was so sure of it! Sounds like an amazing (you seem to really like that word) story.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I would love to show the The Dancing Barber by AC Michael book to my nephew. I know he would love this book. The cover alone is great and I cannot wait to read this book.
Daniella
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniella.html

Post by Daniella »

What a great review! I am a huge historical fiction fan, but was unaware of the events that transpired during this time in history. Looking forward to reading it myself!
anushreevaishnav18
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Regifted
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by anushreevaishnav18 »

Gud work on the review. I want to read this book.
The Apeman
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by The Apeman »

"The characters were amazingly well written. They blended with their settings and never fell through the cracks. Everyone brought in had a place and a purpose. It was amazing to see how even the more insignificant characters added a new layer to the story. And none were flat. Everyone had a story and a purpose and they all felt so real.

With great editing and fantastic writing not to mention plot and cast, I easily give The Dancing Barber 4 out of 4 stars. This has to be one of the best historical-fictions I've ever read! Honestly it's right up there with To Kill a Mockingbird and The Book Thief."

Awesome review. I've read this book and I totally agree with you! (I actually preferred it to The Book Thief).
After a slow start, the plot moved on at a very fast rate, and I often read it late into the night. Your awesome review convinced me to read this book, and I'm so glad I did!
Thank you! :D :tiphat:
Biblos
Currently Reading: Bed and Breakfast and Murder
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Biblos »

This book is a truly great read. With 800 pages to read the story line flows really smoothly and there's never a dull moment. The way the characters are interconnected just leaves you amazed. I gave this book 4/4 coz it kept me hooked.

Return to “Historical Fiction”