Official Review: The Love God Has For You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Official Review: The Love God Has For You

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Love God Has For You" by Nancy Lynn Mies.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raising a child requires a great deal of teaching and a great deal of love. For people of faith who want to pass on their love of God, teaching and love can combine into something that helps show their child the importance of being a good person. The Love God Has For You by Nancy Lynn Mies is a children's book with a singular goal - to express just how great God's love for you is.

The Love God Has For You is a Christian book (Jesus and a cross appear on one of the pages) but the concept of God's great love is universal. The book compares God's love to things children can relate to, such as His love being deeper than the deepest ocean or wider than Earth. The language used is easy enough for any child to follow along with, and I'd say these are concepts that should be taught to a child as early as possible.

One of the first things I noticed while reading the book was just how well the pages were laid out. On the left page is an image and the right page holds the text, so that the text is easily visible and doesn't distract from the pictures. The pages with text have a faint background to them, and the background's color matches the picture with it. The text color on the pages changes as well, and it's very clear and crisp. I love books with minimal blank space, and this one does a great job filling the pages.

The illustrations are cute too. They look hand-drawn remind me of watercolor. The kids in them are having fun, going on adventures or making the most silly scared face due to a monster under their bed. These are things kids can easily relate to in their day-to-day lives, and would make it easy to at least point at a few and say things like "see, they're playing baseball just like you!"

I came away from The Love God Has For You feeling happy and inspired. It reminded me of the old "I love you thiiiiiis much!" with arms stretched as wide as they can go! This is a perfect book for kids to have read to them at a young age, as early as they can have books read to them. It's also very short, less than 40 pages, so it doesn't take long to read and can be part of a nightly before bed ritual. My official rating of The Love God Has For You is a solid 4 out of 4 stars and I recommend it to any Christian who has a young child or is expecting one.

The Love God Has For You
View: on Bookshelves

Like CataclysmicKnight's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Nice review. The book reminds me of what Plato said centuries ago that it is the responsibility of the mother to raise the child to become a good citizen of the world.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This is a great review and this book sounds like one that I want in my library for myself. This is the kind of book that children should read as it will uplift their spirits and bring them closer to God.

I also liked how you said it could be part of a reading ritual at night. So parents and children can read this wonderful book together. That's always a positive in my book!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald

Return to “Children's Books”