Claudia Quash: The Spell of Pencliff

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adair McClain
Currently Reading: Madhouse
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adair-lee.html
Latest Review: Freefalling by Eme McAnam

Claudia Quash: The Spell of Pencliff

Post by Adair McClain »

A magical, time-traveling adventure tweens will love. After receiving a mysterious letter on her birthday, Claudia embarks on a quest to clear her great-grandmother's name and change history. With the help of a magical dollhouse, her pet cat Sekora, and new-found friend Hugo, she journeys back in time to Pencliff in the hopes of unraveling a mystery murder and fulfilling a promise made to her great-grandfather.

Wendy Hobbs pens a captivating world, and the writing style is simple, easy-to-read and enjoyable. Her characters are colorful, and the young heroine is brave and determined. The plot was intriguing, and I wonder what new adventures will crop up in Pencliff. I look forward to the next Claudia Quash book.

By chance, I met this author on Facebook about a month ago, and after watching her page for awhile, I gave her book a Go! She does a lot of charity work, and she donates all proceeds from a second book (short story) called Claudia's Special Wish to Dreams and Wishes, a charity that helps extremely ill children. Wendy has been extremely kind to me and I wanted to do her a favor of reviewing her book and giving it a little promotion. Happy reading!
RosesReviews
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by RosesReviews »

Weaving magic and time travel into a mystery sounds like features that are very popular for many tweens today. Thank you for sharing the information regarding the author, Wendy Hobbs. Knowing that the purchase of one of her books would be helping an extremely ill child would be very appealing to potential readers and their parents. Thank you for your enjoyable review of Claudia Quash: The Spell of Pencliff.

Return to “Children's Books”