Oliver and Jumpy The Cat Series By Werner Stejskal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Oliver and Jumpy The Cat Series By Werner Stejskal

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Stories 55-57, Book 19: Bedtime stories for children in illustrated picture book with short stories for early readers. (Oliver and Jumpy, the cat series) Ages 1-8

STORY LINE OLIVER AND JUMPY THE CAT SERIES:

Author, Werner Stejskal has created an entertaining teaching tool in the latest Oliver and Jumpy The Cat Series Stories 55-57 picture book. Containing three stories, each teaching a different lesson, any child will enjoy Oliver and Jumpy's continued adventures.

Story 55: Flood: A big storm has come and everyone must take shelter in the tree house. Crowding into the tree house, there's no room to spare. Saved by helping each other and cooperating together, Stejskal teaches the valuable lesson of coöperation and getting along.

Story 56: Lazy Squirrel: Winter is coming and Squirly's stash of nuts for winter disappeared. Oliver discovers Lazy, the squirrel, is taking them. To teach Lazy a lesson, Oliver and Jumpy remove the nuts and return them to Squirly. When winter came and Lazy has no food, Oliver helps Lazy see his actions were wrong, telling him he must apology and help others in the coming year. Teaching the lessons of apology and helping others.

Story 57: Unexpected Lory: Oliver finds a rude teenage cat sleeping on his precious pillow. Lory has run away from home. But Lory finds that Oliver is not a lot of fun. Teaching the lesson that home is always best; your parents can teach you about life and take care of you.

CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT:

Primarily a teaching tool for young children, this book is also very entertaining. The length of each story is short enough to hold a young child's attention; the lessons and concepts are easy to follow and gasp. The beautiful illustrations encourage the child to search each picture and relate it to the story.

Although recommended for ages 1-8, I believe to fully enjoy the book, the child needs to be at least 2 years or more. A younger child, with the help, could explore the pictures as the parent/guardian names each item in the scene. Introducing the story line as the child advances in age, this book's content will last for years.

Finally in concluding my children's picture book review of Oliver and Jumpy Stories 55-57, I found an entertaining illustrated picture book of stories suitable for any age child up to 8 years or so. Skillful prose, beautiful pictures, and life lesson's taught in each story, Olive and Jumpy, is an excellent teaching tool for bedtime.

OLIVER AND JUMPY THE CAT SERIES RECOMMENDATION: STARS 5

In addition, I felt Oliver and Jumpy deserved a 5 star rating. An absolutely lovely picture book, I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend. My child would have loved this series of books.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest children's picture book review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my children's picture book review.
mewsmash
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mewsmash.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by mewsmash »

Nice job! It's hard to review children's books and do it well, but you made a balanced, great review.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Please note: This contains stories 55-62 rather than 55-57. I reviewed the first 3 stories. The balance follow the same excellent composition.

Return to “Children's Books”